Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Bianchi folding bike
I am a picker and just picked up a bianchi folding bike and would like to sell locally if possible. The bike is bright green and is in very restorable shape. The frame is free of corrosion and if I air the tires I'm sure she will roll. Just need to move her out, the man upstairs apparently chose me to rescue this one. Let me know if anyone has interest before I post her up on E-bay or craigslist. I can send additional pics and if you are close come over and take it for a ride if you are in Michigan!
Thanks,
Snow Monkey
If someone on here collects bikes let me know I see many I leave behind but this one was too cool to leave out in the shed!!!!!
You have a picture?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(11-23-2011, 10:10 AM)Snow monkey Wrote:  If someone on here collects bikes let me know I see many I leave behind but this one was too cool to leave out in the shed!!!!!

Hello "Snow",

Just doing some searching when this post showed. I have an old Bianchi and was curious if it was similar to the bike you have/had? It's a Bianchi with Nealeco decals (or maybe the other way around). I've seen this same frame with slightly different features (chainguard, fenders, colors, decals). At least 4 different brand names. Not sure what company actually made them, but obviously the same maker branded by different retail companies. If you have any insight, I'd be happy to hear it. Sorry to resurrect an old post, but this was the only reference to a Bianchi folder. Thanks for your time and help.

Take care,
Jesper

PS. As a rider/rebuilder of vintage Italian race bikes, I would say that the workmanship is not of the same quality.

Attached Files Image(s)

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
must be late 60's or early 70's?
Cool. I had never seen Bianchi folding bike. Their signature turquoise road bikes is all that associates with this brand.

Have you learned something more about this one @Jesper ? Does it have Sturmey Archer hub?
Hi baller,
Sorry for delayed response, I work at a hospital and things are getting hectic; going on holiday here shortly to recharge and/or injure myself from planned recreational exploits.
My bike is a single speed hub, front and rear caliper brakes; although I have seen internally geared hub variants, but I don't know if they were S-A or some other make hub. I have also seen a derailleur fitted bike, but it was probably a modification; l believe it was an Atala badged variant. I know there are rear coaster brake variants as well.

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

(03-15-2020, 11:54 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Sorry for delayed response, I work at a hospital and things are getting hectic;

A round of applause to show my gratitude!
(04-04-2020, 06:48 PM)baller Wrote:  A round of applause to show my gratitude!

It means more than you know!!
I go to work, I go home. Only other trips (done on work commute) for food and gas. Just the essentials. Everyone needs to live like a hermit for longer than 2-3 weeks; more like 4-6 is preferable. Use gloves when pumping gas, and buying food. Use automated/self pay services if possible. Maintain MAXIMUM distance from others, personally I keep a minimum of 12 feet away, but our hospital corridors are only about 8 feet wide, so 6 feet is as far as I can go inside while walking around. Wearing gloves is very important and should be done whenever touching common surfaces. Longest viable persistence data I have is up to 3 days on hard smooth surfaces (metals and plastics were specified), up to 24 hours on coarse dry surfaces (paper, cardboard).

Run essential errands during slow business hours to avoid greater chance of airborne contamination; avoid groups regardless! Mulch is not a necessity as my friend's wife thinks; that's the kind of cavalier attitude that needs to stop for a relatively brief time.
Take care,
Jesper

[Image: sdream-x750s-all-terrain-folding-ebike]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

07-16-2022, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Jesper