Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What type of Sears Roebuck do I have?
Hi AugustDerleth:
I was wondering if you had a website?

How is the best way to sell this bike? Ebay? Because as I said it looks like bikes dont sell for even a small profit in Cali, So I wanna try to expand to other states if you know what I mean?

I will admit Im trying to learn your selling secrets so I can at least make a little gas money if you know I mean.

Thanks and thanks again for all the advice you already gave me.
I finally found someone with the same model bike I have. I bought mine from a garage sale for 10 bucks. and I restored it, but nothing professional. This was for daily use.

I bought it off some old lady. she said it was hers since new. She alleges it's all original. so if that is the case then yeah, the handlebars on yours are not original. or the seat I guess.

I remember I searched for over an hour to find someone with the same model, and the most I could gather was based off of the model number (found on the bottom of the bike, where the pedal gear is) that it was 68-71 area. but no one had my exact model, but some people had a similar series. Don't remember the model number though, it was long. and the bike is in storage right now.

I am a boy, and I am aware it's a girl's bike. but I don't care. I like it anyways.

[Image: original.jpg]

[Image: original2.jpg]

[Image: taken_apart.jpg]

[Image: kinda_sanded.jpg]

[Image: framesanded2.jpg]

[Image: framesanded.jpg]

[Image: parts_painted.jpg]

[Image: parts_painted2.jpg]

[Image: bik_finished.jpg]
[Image: bik_finished2.jpg]
Interesting that the front fender is on backwards - probably due to the original assembly at the Sears store - no better than the Wal-mart assembly today......
Nigel
You got guts Nigel, I am not getting involved with post ever again. but I wish AugustDerleth would buy my schwinn breeze 5 speed for $50 bucks
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(08-26-2011, 07:43 PM)painkiller Wrote:  You got guts Nigel, I am not getting involved with post ever again. but I wish AugustDerleth would buy my schwinn breeze 5 speed for $50 bucks

No guts; probably just me stupidity Smile

I hope that he gives you $100- to you for it; then he can flip it for $200- and you get half Smile
Nigel

Possibly Related Threads...