Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Can anyone identify this frame?

Not sure what you are after here as the brand name is on the down tube and model is on the top tube. Are you looking for the model year?

(03-06-2022, 11:40 AM)jeffg Wrote:  Not sure what you are after here as the brand name is on the down tube and model is on the top tube. Are you looking for the model year?

@Yam , Please follow your threads for replies! It would seem that this thread has pretty much been answered in your original thread: https://forums.bikeride.com/thread-7865.html

There was not a need to start a new thread. As mentioned in original post you need to take pics of specific parts for determining the year; that will only help if the parts were on the bike when new.
As jeffg stated, the information, other than the year (it may be coded into the serial #), is on the bike; and as Jesper stated, you can contact the company with your serial # (their website is also on the bike frame) and they will provide the exact year and probably month in which the frame was manufactured. That does not necessarily mean the bike was assembled with parts or sold in that same year (could be months to a year or more later). [
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Big Grin 

(03-07-2022, 02:51 PM)Criminal Wrote:  
(03-06-2022, 11:08 AM)Yam Wrote:  

(03-06-2022, 11:40 AM)jeffg Wrote:  Not sure what you are after here as the brand name is on the down tube and model is on the top tube. Are you looking for the model year?

@Yam , Please follow your threads for replies! It would seem that this thread has pretty much been answered in your original thread: https://forums.bikeride.com/thread-7865.html

There was not a need to start a new thread. As mentioned in original post you need to take pics of specific parts for determining the year; that will only help if the parts were on the bike when new.
As jeffg stated, the information, other than the year (it may be coded into the serial #), is on the bike; and as Jesper stated, you can contact the company with your serial # (their website is also on the bike frame) and they will provide the exact year and probably month in which the frame was manufactured. That does not necessarily mean the bike was assembled with parts or sold in that same year (could be months to a year or more later). [

I want to sell this but I really
Don’t know the worth.

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-10-2022, 08:27 PM)Yam Wrote:  
(03-07-2022, 02:51 PM)Criminal Wrote:  
(03-06-2022, 11:08 AM)Yam Wrote:  

I want to sell this but I really
Don’t know the worth.

My comments in your original post (https://forums.bikeride.com/thread-7865.html) still hold true. You have provided more views of the bike, but not really any clue as to the actual components and their models. You have a mid 2000's Bianchi, model Eros. It does not have the original fork which would have been carbon like the replacement; possibly replaced due to damage! Replacement pedals (original were clipless) and crankset (original was triple ring). I also doubt that the wheels/hubs/rims are original; especially seeing that spoke guard which would not have been on a bike of this type. I cannot tell if the front or rear derailleurs are original (I think they should be entry level Campy: Mirage or Veloce). Shifter/brake levers appear to be some Shimano model; brake calipers are dual pivot, but I cannot tell what type (again, I believe Campy Mirage or Veloce would have been original equipment). Frame is Reynolds 651 (entry level tubeset, but good). It may be that a past owner had stripped off the good components and replaced them with lower grade; or the opposite, replaced the original components with higher grade equipment. Without detailed photos of the actual components (not different views of the bike, but close-ups of parts) it is impossible to provide an reasonable estimation of its value. I would still put it at a minimum value of $200 if lower grade components and fully functional (good tires and tubes, shifts and brakes properly, bearings in good repair, etc.); but max. value greatly depends on the quality of the components if they are upgrades. These bikes were built in fairly high volume and it is too new to be considered vintage so it does not have any real collectable value. Probably a Taiwanese/Asian made frame, but assembled in Italy (just a guess). A "Made in Italy" decal does not mean the whole bike (especially the frame) was manufactured there. Often times "Made In Italy" merely means that the bike was designed in Italy, and everything regarding manufacture and assembly was elsewhere.

As a general note: the "lilac"/light purple bar tape does not help its selling value; especially on a green frame! Simple black is the best option for sales purposes, or a green matching the frame color. I know it would be the first modification I would make if buying it.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS