Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

thinking of buying a new bike, are Trinx bikes good?
I was looking for a new bike at around 300$
and I would like to ask if Trinx bikes are good? Does anyone have experience with them?
recommendations or something, I need a bike with 3x10 shifters

I was looking at
TRINX M-1000 PRO and TRINX M-1000 ELITE

DESCRIPTION
-MODEL: TRINX M-1000 PRO - TRINX M-1000 ELITE (27.5)

-FRAME: TRINX 29″ *15″ALLOY SPECIAL-SHAPED TUBES HIDDEN CABLES
-FORK: ALLOY HYDRAULIC LOCK-OUT SUSPENSION TRAVEL:100MM
-SHIFTER: LTWOO SL-V5010
-FRONT DERALLIEUR: LTWOO FD-V5009-10
-REAR DERALLIEUR: LTWOO RD-V5010
-CASSETT: CS-M5010 10S 11-36T (30 SPEED TOTAL)
-CHAIN: KMC
-BRAKE: X-SPARK HD-M220 HYDRAULIC DISC,160MM
-WHEEL SET: TRINX ALLOY DOUBLE WALL
-TIRE: KENDA 29″*2.1″ 27TPI
-CHAINWHEEL: PROWHEEL 22/32/44T*175L
-HUB: ALLOY DOUBLE SEALED BEARING
-SADDLE: TRINX SPORT
-STEM: TRINX ALLOY
-HANDLEBAR: TRINX ALLOY
-SEATPOST: TRINX ALLOY
Hi Melodic me!
To be completely honest, I have not heard much about Trinx. Even though they have been around for a while if the Internet is correct. First of all, Trinx is definitely a budget brand, and you can see that in the bike's components. LTWOO is not your regular derailleur brand (Shimano, Suntour, SRAM & so on.) and many people might not have heard of it at all. It doesn't mean that LTWOO is of bad quality (they have spent years on R&D) but it's also not the top tier in terms of reliability. Personally, I haven't had an encounter with LTWOO. It's the same with other components. I don't want to discourage you from buying the bike, simply pointing out some potential concerns or long-term perspective Smile For your purpose, getting a bike under $300, it works. I would spend an extra $100 to get an entry-level bike from Giant, Trek, or other more established brands.

I found a review about one of their road bikes: https://www.bikeride.com/trinx-tempo/
It is not from the same category, hybrid or mountain bikes. However, it reflects the pros and cons when considering Trinx bikes.
Autobahn
(11-19-2020, 07:27 AM)Melodic me Wrote:  I was looking for a new bike at around 300$
and I would like to ask if Trinx bikes are good? Does anyone have experience with them?
recommendations or something, I need a bike with 3x10 shifters

Hello Melodic me,

I fully concur with G_M. I have not heard of that brand bike nor the component brand. As you stated you are looking at spending $300 give or take. Previous comment about spending a little more for a more well known bike and component brand is spot on if this plans to be a regularly ridden and seriously used bike. Alternatively, you could look for a used bike (Craigslist, bike shops, etc.) that would be substantially better than a new $300 bike at the same price range. Granted you will have to know your frame size and trust descriptions of people's bikes until you get to put a leg over it unless you are at a bike shop. Curious that you said you need 3x10 gearing; how did you arrive at that conclusion? Granted, I don't know your cycling experience, the terrain in your area, or expected range of use for the bike you are looking for. I'm just trying to get an idea of how someone decides on the gear/gear ratio range for a bike, especially if they really have not been cycling much over the years or are new to the sport.
Regardless, I hope you find what you are looking for at a good price. Remember, be it a new or used bike make sure it is assembled and set-up properly, and take a more than casual test ride on it to determine if you fit it properly and you are comfortable on it for its primary use.

Side note: Part of my concern about bike giveaways whether on this site or elsewhere: do folks go and get a professional bike fit prior to having their new untried bike sent to them? No chance to test ride (unless sold at a local shop and they will let you ride a bike you are not buying from them) until it shows up at your door unassembled. Risky business in my opinion, but I guess you can always sell your new free bike for something else if it does not fit or feel right.

Edit: after reviewing @G_M 's link to Trinx "reviews" I would be more inclined to pass on this brand unless it was limited to budget. There were too many problems related to quality of components, assembly, and damage to be spending time and hundreds of dollars on bikes of this brand. I see well-known high quality bikes on Craigslist regularly for great prices, just hit or miss on frame size and features. I would certainly check around some more before buying a Trinx bike.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I can only agree with what's written above.
"Carbon is faster"

Possibly Related Threads...