Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Single Speed Free Wheel
Ok all you BMX'ers, pro mechanics, and such I really need some help on figuring out what to replace this with? It is a Chinese made Single Speed BMX 20" freewheel. It has 18 teeth and I am assuming that it is the standard chain size. Anyways I was looking at something like this..... http://www.amazon.com/Shimano-18-tooth-freewheel-x1/dp/B001GSOJB6/ . Is that the size I am needing? Here are some pictures of how I took the freewheel off of the 20" wheel using what some call the "destructive method"! Can tell you the 1/8" bearings in the bottom and the front literally fall out when it is taken apart deeming it unusable again. I used the Park Tools Red spanner to remove the cap clock-wise. The rest of the body has to be in a vise and turned by using the wheel.
ooops forgot one pic
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
BTW here is instructions of how I removed it ... http://www.parktool.com/blog/repair-help/freewheel-destructive-removal
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post