Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Need help identifying frame
I have this frame for 2½years now my friend gave it to me the paint job was cover i tried scraping it and i saw some Scott logos and stuffs and tried searching for it but couldn't find anything like it, maybe someone here knows or familiar with this frame

Headset is 44x44
Seattube is 27.2

(07-06-2023, 09:04 PM)Flare Wrote:  I have this frame for 2½years now my friend gave it to me the paint job was cover i tried scraping it and i saw some Scott logos and stuffs and tried searching for it but couldn't find anything like it, maybe someone here knows or familiar with this frame

Headset is 44x44
Seattube is 27.2

Are there any alphanumerics that might indicate a serial number? If a Scott frame I would think that you would be able to trace it to a particular model. I would contact Scott with any info you find and also send them photos.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know you had this posted on another thread with the number.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(07-07-2023, 12:08 AM)Jesper Wrote:  
(07-06-2023, 09:04 PM)Flare Wrote:  I have this frame for 2½years now my friend gave it to me the paint job was cover i tried scraping it and i saw some Scott logos and stuffs and tried searching for it but couldn't find anything like it, maybe someone here knows or familiar with this frame

Headset is 44x44
Seattube is 27.2

Are there any alphanumerics that might indicate a serial number? If a Scott frame I would think that you would be able to trace it to a particular model. I would contact Scott with any info you find and also send them photos.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't know you had this posted on another thread with the number.

(07-07-2023, 12:08 AM)Jesper Wrote:  

Headset is 44x44
Seattube is 27.2

I tried contacting Scott by sending them an email with photos of the bike but they were unable to identify its model

Attached Files Image(s)

@Flare I just want to confirm that Scott had stated that it is one of their frames. I know you previously mentioned that there were some Scott decals/logos on it (they may or may not have been original?).
It seems odd that Scott, who have only been making bikes for about 30 years, could not identify its model (if it is a Scott frame) given that they should be well aware of their serial numbers and having that gussetted down tube design which readily grabbed my attention when I saw it. You may want to post it on a more mtb oriented forum site, or compare it to examples found on a site like bikepedia (they do not always have photos or every model in a given year listed). Using your number as a reference I might make an uneducated guess that it is a 2011 model year assuming that the first 2 numbers indicate the year, but it is just a guess, although it may be a reasonable place to start looking at Scott models to see if it matches. You can try looking in past Scott catalogs if they are available online.
It certainly seems odd for a frame manufacturer to obscure their own serial number, but that shows how many frames are built; fast and without attention to detail. Just seeing that makes me think that it is not a Scott since I would expect higher quality work from that company, but they are mass producing bikes just like other popular brands so it is still very likely that is a Scott frame, but possibly not one of their top tier models.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...