Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Cycling Gear
Share that one thing without which you can never go cycling. Please don't say a bike...haha
Gotta say water. Stay hydrated lol. But really though if I don’t bring water I have to come back like 20min in
If I am going some distance, like already said, water or another drink. Also a pump, a spare tube, and the tools to change it. I normally have lights on my bike, for those occasions when I might come home after dark.
5mm hex
6mm hex
philips screwdriver
crescent wrench

bike lock

that one's probably the most important
Electrolytic water and tyre repair kit. (tube, lever, patch, co2 delivery.) First time I wrote tire with a "y", don't like it! Ha🤪
Water goes without saying. But I don't go anywhere without my flat repair tools.

My flat repair tools consist of a pair of Lezyne Power Lever XL tire irons, Rema patch kit, Park boot patch, and a spare tube. On the touring bike I have that same kit plus I add in a Kool Stop Tire Bead Jack because the tires on that bike are a huge pain to put on, and add a second tube, along with a second Rema patch kit, and a 2nd boot patch.
Wag more, bark less
Water without a doubt, and my BP Doctor Smartwatch.
Tire pump, levers and multi tool. For some reason you'll always get paranoid about getting a flat even if your going to ride for a short distance. Its kinda like insurance, you're hoping you wont ever have to use it but really happy if something does indeed happen and you have it with you
One thing?

For anything other than very short local trips, my helmet.