Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Single speed project.
Awesome looking bike!! Hey where is the deraillers (haha just jokin). Sweet conversion looks like it is coming along very well.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I'm done with this project, I rode it around the block today. AND THE VERDICT is........ Not a big fan. I think I am going to sell it and move on to the next project. I am a little disappointed, I thought i'd really enjoy it.
Well, you had fun building it, didn't you? Wink
I like the look of it, too bad you don't like how it rides.
Lots of fun doing the build, now on to then next project. Hopefully something will fall into my hands soon.
Quote:I'm done with this project, I rode it around the block today. AND THE VERDICT is........ Not a big fan. I think I am going to sell it and move on to the next project. I am a little disappointed, I thought i'd really enjoy it.

What didn't you like about it? Is it the whole single speed thing, or just the feel of this particular frame and the way it rides?

In any case, if you sell it on, you should be able to recoup some or all of your costs.
Yeah, It just didn't feel right, I have another single speed bike that I built from a vintage bike. But this one just isn't for me. I always keep a detailed log of how much I spend on each project and I spend $98 on this one.
Quote:Yeah, It just didn't feel right, I have another single speed bike that I built from a vintage bike. But this one just isn't for me.

Funny isn't it, years ago I had a fairly low end racer, 531 main tubes only and fairly cheap components. I later bought, what was on paper at least, a much better bike, full 531 frame, Shimano Dura Ace groupset, about 4lbs lighter than the old bike. I never liked it, it just felt odd, and I hardly rode it, preferring to use the older bike.

Possibly Related Threads...