Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

What kits do you need most in ride except the bike?
Let me first: water bottle. I gonna die if no water. So the water is my essential kit.
Water and/or other drink.
Pump.
A few tools.
Things for repairing punctures.
Tissue paper, in case you have a call or nature, and need to go behind the bushes.
Tools.

Aminos.

Folding bike lock.
  • Pump, spare tube, basic tools and chain oil
  • Gloves
  • Cycle Computer
  • A copy of the highway code is also essential ... in case a police officer pulls you over and starts misquoting it.
Chain Tool and a hydration back pack!!!
Pretty much depends on the length of the expected ride, weather conditions, location (remote/country or urban) and riding level (casual, training, touring, racing).

Always: tire/tube repair kit w/pry levers; spare tube, pump, first aid kit with Dermabond; minor tool kit; helmet; gloves; glasses (higher magnification for spotting holes in tubes); cash/cc/ID in ziplock bag.

Short rides (less than 25 miles or under 2 hours): water optional unless high heat, training/racing, or biking in Death valley. I eat and hydrate properly prior to the ride- no reason for anything regarding food or nutrients of any nature. If remote I will carry a phone.

Long rides (except touring): all of the above, 2 tubes; minimum of two H2O bottles; honey squeeze packs and small amount of food. If racing or organized ride events only 1 H2O bottle (already water stops on the course for you)

Touring (full day plus, no camping): all of the above; various food items; extra H2O, tire (2 if remote); 3 tubes; 4 spokes; major tool kit; lighter; flashlight w/spare batteries; spare phone battery and solar charger; maps!; seasonal clothing/inclement weather gear; beer; another cyclist. Really depends on a lot of variables, but can nearly be the "kitchen sink" if necessary.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

06-08-2022, 06:58 AM
Last Post: Jon Aston

12-11-2020, 08:17 PM
Last Post: Terry Poage