Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Why should I buy an e-bike?
An e-bike can be useful for errands, for easily transportable transportation when on the road, and best of all, to allow someone slower on a pedal bike to be able to come along and enjoy rides with a partner or group they otherwise might not.
(07-16-2022, 04:45 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
The question is loud and clear - let's discuss the need for an e-bike. Why should one buy it?
Share your pros and cons.

this looks like so much fun!
The question is loud and clear - let's discuss the need for an e-bike. Why should one buy it?
Nothing is great about an ebike except keeping up with someone stronger than you. That battery will wear out and need SAFE disposal, after using a bunch of electricity.
I ride for exercise, for scrubbing veins of cholesterol etc. Before I buy a ebike I get a real motorcycle
I want one to travel down hiking trails and get to areas fast that it would take a lot of hiking in this heat right now in Florida its just to hot.
My E-Bike gets me to work in the morning without sweating and getting all smelly. Then on the way home I can sweat all I want without worrying about offending anyone. LOL. Best part is I can park my bike with a disk brake lock and turn the battery off and not worry about my bike getting stolen in NYC.
I think in the United States if we started making better bike trail's beside the road, we could eliminate million's of car's from the daily work commute. Many people work very close to home, saving on gas and getting a nice ride to work..
I have a feeling this will be part of the next evolution of energy efficient travel
It makes getting around easier and more efficient.
Smile 
Helps getting up a steep incline!
Thumbs Up 
w
[quote='Nicholas' pid='43913' dateline='1658004302']
Hello, bike riders!
Share your pros and with bad knees I need a little assist used to ride an average of15 miles a day. I really miss it
Thumbs Up 
This has many pros, a lot of fun, and is more convenient. You should definitely try
Why these electric cargo bikes are 10x faster than delivery vans in a city

https://electrek.co/2023/10/10/why-these-electric-cargo-bikes-are-10x-faster-than-delivery-vans-in-a-city/

[Image: handyman-ebikes-1.jpg]

I’m 70 and it’s the perfect cardio and balance workout for me!