Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Why should I buy an e-bike?
Everyone deserves an e-bike!
We love taking long bike rides where we live on Daytona Beach. We have 20 miles of hard-packed beach to ride on. Now that we're in our 60's, cycling 20 miles south is not a problem.....it's the 20 miles back home in headwinds that's the hardest! Having an e-bike would be a great way to solve this problem! We can cycle south, then e-bike home!
exercise and economical trasportation
(07-16-2022, 04:45 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
The question is loud and clear - let's discuss the need for an e-bike. Why should one buy it?
Share your pros and cons.
idk, but they look like a fun thing to have
I was an avid cyclist for many decades but some injuries (not bike related) and a lot of age have gotten me mostly out of cycling now. I love the idea of an eBike, but the prices for anything decent are way out of reach and the performance of anything affordable is very limited.
FUN! and more crap to make this post long enough to suit the stupid filter!
I could use one to run up to the corner store -- but my granddad would love to have it in the day while I'm working.
Be fine for urban transportation in good weather, but I live out in the suburbs and the weather here is less-than-reliable (that's being kind), so a bike is just for having fun around the neighborhood. eBikes are a bit too pricey for that (unless I can win the one that BikeRide is giving away).
Go further, faster.
The question is loud and clear - let's discuss the need for an e-bike. Why should one buy it?

It makes bike rides easier but also more fun. You van cover longer distances and explore new places!
fun fun fun! Smile

To make those challenging hill climbs easier!
Probably not for me. An ebike might be fun but where I live isn't a great place to ride.
An ebike would be fun, but I'm more into horses.
I can't afford to buy one, but I'd love to win the one in the giveaway
(07-16-2022, 06:09 PM)nicole369nikki Wrote:  It makes getting around more fun. Explore more. Improve fitness. And it better for the earth.

It's one of the most exciting ways of getting around, while not harming the environment.
I like to ride daily. Sometimes I cut the ride short because I'm afraid I'll go to far. With an e-bike, I can ride as far asI want and not worry about being to tired to get home.
Nice for doing local things without needing the car (or arriving sweaty), dealing with strong headwinds or exploring new places. I see it as an addition to regular bikes and a replacement for the car for nearby trips.
Its a great bike, I love the tires being bigger. Its just fun to bike ride with the family