Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Another 'Older Than Dirt' Rider
Big Grin 
Used to be a lot of things (farming / ranching background), sales & customer service, but am now working as a caregiver to keep myself out of the refrigerator. Home is where the FOOD is. I started back bicycling after a 40+ year hiatus, needing something that would get me outside again and active. I own two hybrid bikes and love them both. I primarily ride the 'Rails to Trails' paths and residential areas when the trail is too wet or covered with snow. I work around 50-60 hours per week, but, weather permitting, I ride 3-4 nights / days a week -- 50-75 miles a week. The most I have ridden is 45 miles in one afternoon. I have two knees that the docs say need replacing, but riding my bikes is keeping that replacement issue at bay. I did a 3 day bike tour last summer and had a blast. Hills are not my friends.

I have a Giant Momentum Vida and Liv Sedona DX W. Both are step-through bikes because of my knees. Daily rides maybe give me a glimpse of mama turtles laying eggs or moo-cows standing in the river on a hot day. Can take the girl out of the country but can't take the country out of the girl !! South Dakota farm girl / Idaho ranch woman. Pennsylvania since 2014. Going to be 73 years young in August 2022. Yes, a tortoise
is my spirit animal. :-)
welcome and greetings from Vermont! great to have you here!
how about bike commuting - no chance?
I carry a ton of supplies to my clients (not possible with a bike) and it is TERRIBLY HILLY here in my part of PA. My clients live about 20 miles from me, so I would have to take the highways--SO --- not really possible. But, I love my time out on my bikes.
(03-28-2022, 06:08 PM)Paybackranch Wrote:  I carry a ton of supplies to my clients (not possible with a bike) and it is TERRIBLY HILLY here in my part of PA. My clients live about 20 miles from me, so I would have to take the highways--SO --- not really possible. But, I love my time out on my bikes.

Welcome! I have enjoyed some cycling in PA before when I was younger. Nice country; rode in and around Lancaster County on the my way south.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
You give me hope ! I am 67 and live in New York State . Not NYC however . I have ridden my hybrids over 2,000 miles the last 2 years . I love to be outside myself . I grew up on farms also you really inspire me working and cycling . I retired 2 years ago and refuse to curl up and die .

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

02-09-2022, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Jesper

04-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Jesper

04-05-2020, 06:07 PM
Last Post: CharleyFarley