Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Survey Research for Cyclists
Hello,
I am a student at University of Illinois at Chicago and I am working with a team in order to research and design a traffic detection device that adapts with the terrain as you ride. We have some questions that will help benefit us during this researching process and it starts with you. If you can take a few minutes to fill out this survey we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1k85bzEG7Q_-U_oLN0hjJBZmYlNcqbup2SZCTsvjHqhI/edit
filled out & good luck with the research!
(09-28-2021, 12:57 PM)Omar Elsalaymeh Wrote:  Hello,
I am a student at University of Illinois at Chicago and I am working with a team in order to research and design a traffic detection device that adapts with the terrain as you ride. We have some questions that will help benefit us during this researching process and it starts with you. If you can take a few minutes to fill out this survey we would greatly appreciate it. Thank you very much!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1k85bzEG7Q_-U_oLN0hjJBZmYlNcqbup2SZCTsvjHqhI/edit

I have reviewed your survey. My answers for "required" questions would not be accurate since you do not provide an "other" (with comment) option except in one case; nor do you allow for multiple answer selection when more than one response would apply. Also, no mention of conditions other than traffic from the rear circumstances. I recommend you modify the survey in order to make it more comprehensive, and thus be able to yield more well rounded and accurate results. I would be happy to take a new modified survey with the aforementioned changes in order to provide to you a true reflection of my cycling experiences over the past 40 plus years. E.g. head-on, broadside, and bike rear-ending other vehicle accidents regardless of whether those incidences involve motorized vehicles or non-motorized vehicles. Yes, other cyclists can be just as dangerous; as well as pedestrians, animals, etc. I have an engineering background myself, as well as intimate knowledge of various military and industrial detection devices.
I have ridden in the Champaign-Urbana community many times; it is where I experienced my first bike-auto accident in 1983.
Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
I agree with Howard above: survey does work for me either.

I am currently recovering from bicycle crash avoiding a head on collision on September 28th, by jumping the curb and discovering my Peter Sagan bicycle handling skills eluded me when I need them the most. I lost control of my bicycle and crashed hard on my right hip avoiding a silver Ford Flex with limousine tint windows. I am black and blue, not able to attend work, and can not walk into the living room. Nothing was broken via Xray reading with a long day spent in urgent care.

I also do not know if the car was intentionally targeting me, or if the driver was impaired not knowing they were on the wrong side of the road and did not see a bicycle rider on a sunny day in a public park.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-22-2021, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Kgirl

11-01-2019, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Aab

11-01-2019, 11:13 AM
Last Post: Zviedrs