Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
low cost, energy efficient, and emission-free transportation....specially with just small trips to the stores Smile
I would think the most important aspect would be battery life and durability!

(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• what's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • what would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
(08-02-2021, 10:22 PM)jenrenh Wrote:  
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• what's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?

I am interested in learning more about e-bikes and possibly owning one. So I don't know too much about them. I would think the battery life would be the most important because it would be a pain to run out of juice when you are not near a charger.

I have an eBike that I love and I like the pedal assist. I probably would not bike ride unless it's an eBike. Its funny, I hadn't rode in years before I got my eBike and I had forgotten how FUN riding a bike is.
Ease of getting on and off the Bike.
I think consistent and durable power is most important.
I think ride comfort and suspension is the most important. With an ebike, I am likely to be riding longer and a comfortable ride makes it much more enjoyable and easier for those long rides.
For me, being a wee feller of 6’6” and 380, though losing fast, it would be battery size, power and a sturdy frame. Has to be able to handle my size.

Easy to handle

Easy to handle.
I want an e-bike that has the longest batter life possible to take my on long rides.
Having an the right balance of assist capability is important to me as I want the benefit of getting exercise while having some help on inclines.
Smile 

I have trouble going up hills, so the most important aspect for me is speed. I want a powerful bike that I can get around with without sacrificing my knees on the journey.
For me the bike's reliability, and range are most important. Would like enough power to go 25mph on level ground, and maybe 15+ up hills.
- Also good if battery can be easily removed for longer range (2nd battery), and for recharging.
- E Bikes get expensive, so anything that can help prevent theft would be great!

Speed is important, but battery range trumps it by far!
I think range is the most important, which is a function of power and speed.

My 2 most important aspects would be battery life and speed
Battery life. I'd like to ride to the office but worry I'd arrive exhausted, hot and sweaty. A power boost would make me more confident
Safety and how long battery life can last.

It really is the battery life
It really is the battery life/range
An e-bike is a hybrid motorcycle. Range and torque are what's important to me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post