Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Which aspects of e-bikes do you think are the most important? Why?
Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• What's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • What would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?
  • What's your e-bike ride destination - a short trip to the grocery store or a multiple day bike tour? Who would be your ride buddy?

(08-02-2021, 05:55 PM)Nicholas Wrote:  Hello, bike riders!
Have you ever considered buying an e-bike or do you already own one? Let's share our opinions about e-bikes and their most important aspects.

• what's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?
  • what would you consider the most when choosing an e-bike?

I am interested in learning more about e-bikes and possibly owning one. So I don't know too much about them. I would think the battery life would be the most important because it would be a pain to run out of juice when you are not near a charger.
Im old, lol so having battery power if I get worn out is awesome.
For me, it really is the battery life. I need to go far!
Range/battery life. It's nice to know I have a good distance I can go if I get cramps or too tired. Gettin' old...lol!
I would love a very comfortable, durable and safe ebike. It will get me places faster, saving me time, and energy.
Battery life
I live in a very hilly town, so for me it would have to be the ability to carry me up and down hills!
I think they are eco-friendly and make it possible for people to travel linger and more easily
The most important aspect for me is torque so I can pull a trailer full of groceries, but unfortunately they are all well out of my price range (fixed income).
I like to go on long rides and sometimes an electric bike would be nice to give an old guy a break once in a while.
Thumbs Up 
The most important aspects of e-bikes is the aluminum frame and easy install~!
This is an epic bike!!
great for distance biking!!

• what's the most important aspect of electric bikes and why? Is it the battery life? Is it the max speed?

I am new to ebikes. I believe safety would be one of my top concerns, especially with charging the battery safely. Next would be range, especially in colder weather.
Range/battery life. It's nice to know I have a good distance so my work clothes don't get sweaty
Quite simply, speed and range!
battery life is important to me

I think the most important aspect of electric bikes are a strong motor with a good battery on a strong, sturdy frame and durable tires.
Battery life
i think for me, the security of said bike(especially the battery), as well as the durability would be the biggest factors... as a disabled heavy rider, i need to know the battery has lasting power, the parts won't wear out in a short period of time, the battery has to last since they dont allow electric bikes on the buses bike racks... and that the battery is either removable for carrying into a store with me, or extremely secure in that noone can break into it and make off with my bike if they dont have the key..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post