Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

How much do you bike per year?
(08-29-2019, 05:47 PM)Nikko Wrote:  Does not matter if it's training or commuting, or touring. Some people bike every day back and forth to work & can gather easy 100+ miles on weekly basis, which makes more than 5000 miles per year. How much do you ride?

about 6,000kms per year but i also run and swim on the side
Lightbulb 
I try to bike as much as I can depending on how the weather is! Especially once it’s not winter weather anymore.
Everyday to work and back
There was a point back in London in the 90s when I was doing 70+ miles/day. Now, I work from home so I'm lucky if I manage 7 miles in a day...
I currently dont have a rideable bike
Rainbow 
During the summer/spring, I can do this every day in the evening. In autumn only when it is not cold. In winter I have never tried. Maybe one day hahaha
(08-31-2019, 12:43 PM)CharleyFarley Wrote:  
(08-29-2019, 05:47 PM)Nikko Wrote:  Does not matter if it's training or commuting, or touring. Some people bike every day back and forth to work & can gather easy 100+ miles on weekly basis, which makes more than 5000 miles per year. How much do you ride?
My fat bike, at nearly 3 years old, has 6,000 miles on it. My hybrid, at 2 years old, has 3,600 miles on it. Both bikes have accurately calibrated bike computers.

I'm retired so I ride every day, but only short distances in our Florida summers. I ride longer rides during our winter months. Happy to be riding at my age, 73.

Hello CharleyFarley,

SO good to see your contribution to this topic. I someone who's still in my 40s don't ride every day, even though I love every time I mount my bike. Currently, I have a Framed Minnesota fat bike. How about you? Happy and safe biking...:-)
2500 miles
I am aiming for 2'500 miles (4'000km) for the second half of this year (six months) with commuting every day and doing weekend ride. On a road bike. Should consider myself as a beginner
My annual mileage varies. Last year may be some 6-7000 miles while this year it might be less due to not much biking to work miles..:-( Regardless, I love everytime I am on my bike whether it's a short ride or a 100-miler or going to another state.
I'm so lucky that I have a trail across the street from my home. As the weather permits I am on the trail biking most days - even if it is for a shorter ride. Longer rides are usually on weekends.
It's great to hear that there are people who can cover such impressive distances regularly! Cycling helps me incorporate exercise into my daily life, whether commuting, exercising, or being outdoors.
every day

I've never looked at this way. HMMM. I usually do trails so I go by time or trail runs with friends, till we are tired. I'll start keeping track with GPS. New amazon list now. Haha
(01-28-2021, 07:27 AM)Eddieley Wrote:  I have so far done a bit over 3000 km or about 100km per week. Next year i plan to build on this.

Do you ride this distance on a BMX? Amazing if so! 🙌
So far, I have been riding to and from get off work every day. The round trip is about 10 kilometers, and I have driven more than 1,000 kilometers.
I go out and ride five kilometers every other night, all recorded by my BP Doctor, everything is improving.
I enjoy the rides when instead of looking at mileage, I am having a good time with friends on the trails or in the mountains. The miles go fast and they are not painful. I wish every ride was that enjoyable. When I start counting miles or the hours I have sat on the saddle, I end up not having fun on those rides..:-(

(06-21-2023, 11:30 AM)Talha Wrote:  

I've never looked at this way. HMMM. I usually do trails so I go by time or trail runs with friends, till we are tired. I'll start keeping track with GPS. New amazon list now. Haha

During this biking trip in India, I keep seeing villagers/farmers riding these heavy steel sing-gear bicycles. Sometimes they have bales of grass or bags of stuff on the rear carrier, handle, and any other place they can attach bags/things to. And, they ride these long distances on a daily basis without ever looking at it as exercise.

I am always hoping to get that mentality of riding instead of counting up/down the miles I have left or my elevation gain/loss..:-(

(10-12-2023, 02:51 AM)GirishH Wrote:  I enjoy the rides when instead of looking at mileage, I am having a good time with friends on the trails or in the mountains. The miles go fast and they are not painful. I wish every ride was that enjoyable. When I start counting miles or the hours I have sat on the saddle, I end up not having fun on those rides..:-(

(06-21-2023, 11:30 AM)Talha Wrote:  

Attached Files Image(s)

Waiting for the days when I can bike every day. Work and life getting in the way right now.
I am a bike commuter.

I've been scaling the past few years.

I put in consistently 1,200 / 1,300 / 1,400 miles a year. This year was supposed to be chill, but I still managed just about 100 miles less than last year (which I grinded consistently).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-06-2022, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Jesper

03-02-2022, 05:22 PM
Last Post: Yam

09-29-2013, 12:47 PM
Last Post: nfmisso