Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Advice on Clicking Noise
did you ever fix the the problem, i read your post and i am having the exact same problem.

thanks
(03-04-2010, 08:20 PM)tbelshei Wrote:  did you ever fix the the problem, i read your post and i am having the exact same problem.

thanks

Still haven't yet mate... I know a guy and he said it must be the crank because when i lift the bike and turn the pedals around it makes a slight ticking sound and thats got something to do with the crank inside. I'll try to sort it out with him...
I may have the same problem and I am pretty sure it is my pedal. They are nylon and I here a little pop every now and then. Especially when I start and put more torque on the pedal. I am probably going to replace the pedals soon, but I think there may be a crack somewhere inside that is causing it to do it.
Buzz,
Do they look something like below, not broken though lol. If so those are the crappiest cheapest pedals they ever made. You would be right to replace them with higher standard pedal..
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Hi, Last Tuesday 24/08/2010 I purchased a new Giant Yukon FX..Three days later, it started to click (annoyingly) on every downstroke drivetrain side. It was loud enough to hear over traffic noise. Fast forward: after inspecting every related possibility(to my knowledge) and just before taking it back to the bike shop for inspection, I tightened the pedal; gave it a good test run and no more clicking noise..just wanted to share this in case some one had the same problem.Sometimes the simplest things can ruin your day. Of course I am keeping my fingers crossed .lol .Cheers
Bill:

Just got your reply now. And, no. My pedals have alloy cages around the edges and have clips. I honestly have not ridden the bike with those pedals (have decided to make that my rain bike), but the rain will be coming soon enough in the NW, so will have to start using it more.
Oh ok glad to be of help in any way
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...