Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

How many people ride everyday?
i have been riding everyday for 25 or 30 minutes along the dike were I live since Oct 1, weather permitting. Today it was a sunny and 4 degrees celsius or about 38 farenheit and no wind at all. I'm wondering how many others ride every day weather permitting?
"Where ever we go, there we are"
nice bike and i do when im not repairing my front tire rim on my 21 speed vertical pk7
southern pride
I commute 9 miles each way by bike, 5 days a week, weather permitting, which is the vast majority of days here in San Jose.
Nigel
I would love to ride every day, but it does not always work out that way. I just try to maintain thru the winter months. My commute is 10 miles round trip. It used to be 30 miles round trip when I lived in another town, and I liked that commute better than the 5 mile run. It just had more scenery to the ride. then when I got home I would do another 20 miles or so in the evening. I would average 50, 60 miles a day and go to work for at least 8 hrs. Those days are fast becoming just a memory now though. My leaf is turning! ha
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I know what you PK! We don't know what we got till it's gone!LOL

Bill
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

(01-14-2015, 12:14 PM)fishboy316 Wrote:  I know what you PK! We don't know what we got till it's gone!LOL

Bill

you got that right Bill, Ha. cannot wait til spring to finish ripping off whats left of my legs!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Hey Folks, got out on the Cervelo on sat. Got all my goodies for winter riding and went! First real ride since I broke my back. Body did real good considering it was 6 months almost to the day! Worst part is the sit bones are not in the shape they were by any stretch!LOL Did about 25 miles and did good. Didn't want to push it first time out. Was only about 31 degrees and that helped me to figure out what else I need to get for winter riding.
I didn't realize how much I missed it but I really did!

Cervelo S5
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

Awesome news Bill, glad you are back in action
WOW Elmore, Someone really likes you!!! I came home to 25 miles, What took so long? LOL

Cervelo S5
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

I try and ride 2 hours daily, taking a day off every 4th day. Afternoon rides are best when it's cooler.
This morning was 53°F and overcast - nice biking weather Smile
Nigel
I don't know how many people ride everyday. But i ride every day and any time.
I do ride bicycle everyday for 30 min. Except rainy weather I regularly go for biking.
I've been riding everyday. I look forward to the ride.
Everyday unless the air quality is an issue. The pollution is so bad here you can sometimes see it just looking across the street.
3000 miles /year in an upright position. I'm heavy, you'd be surprised by what I wear out in short order especially chains, cassettes, pedals & rear tires.
I've been running a sheep farm in Australia (NSW) for the last 13 years and have tried to ride when I can. Pretty hot and exposed where we are so I spent some time on the indoor trainer (too hot and windy to ride rather than too wet). I have retired now and am on a pension. Started riding every day but a couple of months in my knee is playing up. Nothing serious just have to have a few shorter easier days and some days off the bike. Should be right soon. I love being on any of my bikes, any time day or night, wet or dry. I ride a Cayo 1.0 road bike, Mares CX for dirt roads, Cube AMS for mtb racing and a BMC for touring. Life is bloody good. Cheers
I typically ride 6 days a week, sometimes 7/7. But I have never had a 15+ day streak because something unplanned always comes up.
Every day for me except for icy, slushy roads and winds 40mph and up. Rainy days are OK since I installed fenders. For the nasty weather days I hook the bike up to the indoor trainer and watch youtube trail rides.
Twenty four days in a row is my best so far Wink
@ManBearPig - I can relate
"Carbon is faster"