Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Help Identifying Old Bicycle!
Hey everybody! I'm new to this forum but I'm hoping somebody out there can help me. I recently purchased this old bike for $50 dollars but it's in kinda rough shape so I'm in the process of tearing it down and rebuilding it.

Anywho, I don't know any information about the bike. There aren't any decals on it and it looks like it's been repainted. On a couple of the pictures you can see a gold paint under the dark silver paint that's on top. There is also maybe a red paint under as well that you can see. There is a serial number on the bottom where the back wheel attaches, it reads 2 1665 93. A bike friend of mine says he thinks its 1960's but I don't have a clue... All of the hardware on it has the same logo on them but I don't know the company that has this logo. It looks like a 13 or maybe an ET if you turn it upside down.

Here is an album full of pictures for you to take a gander at.
http://imgur.com/a/iQGco#0

If there is anybody out there that recognizes anything please let me know. Oh and half of that bottom bracket is stuck....anybody have any tips on getting it out?

Thanks for all the help!
-Jack
Looks like a stylized B to me. I would look into European bicycle brands starting with a B. Cottered cranks were most common in the 60's and earlier. As for your other problem, just Google remove fixed cup. The sheldonbrown.com results are usually some of the most useful in any bicycle related search.

Possibly Related Threads...