Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Araya rim aesthetics
(09-09-2013, 07:59 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  George; tell you what, you come visit me on a Saturday or Sunday, bring your bike and all the parts for two wheels (Wheelsmith spokes (SS14, DB14, XL14 or DH13) and 2.0mm nipples only), and we'll get up riding on new wheels in a few hours.
I would love to come and watch, I would even fetch the beer while you guys are working. I just bought a bike In Mission viejo (orange county) George you can grab it for me on the way to Nigels and pack it up for shipping to me! That would be great ! Smile I love you guys
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(09-09-2013, 07:59 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  George; tell you what, you come visit me on a Saturday or Sunday, bring your bike and all the parts for two wheels (Wheelsmith spokes (SS14, DB14, XL14 or DH13) and 2.0mm nipples only), and we'll get up riding on new wheels in a few hours.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hmmm. Thanks, that may be a nice trip, got to find my way to San Jose............Now if I can get the bicycle on my motorcycle PCH is an awesome ride. Been up and down the coast, awesome, especially above SF.

Although your previous post re rim wear from braking makes me wonder if its worth the effort. I can mic the rims to see how much meat is left. Sounds like a good winter project.

No beer till the job is done PK.....No sweat Pk what bike did you get?
Never Give Up!!!
"No beer till the job is done PK" You make it sound to much like a job Smile Edgar Allen Poe would have never had Opium with that attitude! ha. I suppose its no different than running out of beer while working on a bike I can deal with that. Yea I picked up a 1990 Mongoose IBOC Comp. Sent my Brother in Santa Margarita to pick it up. Now I just got to get him to pack it tight and right to ship it to me. Classic spider webbing paint, straight tapered forks, and wishbone stays, Tange double-butted. all original rode a few times and been hanging for 20 some years. Just the kind I look for, My bro says it looks great. Should Fluff and Buff up nice he says.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Hey youd love my Schwinn High Plains with spider web paint.

ANND digging in my parts box I found a new front axle with cones and skewer. So I can keep that front wheel going.:-)
Never Give Up!!!
Oh you know that George! Good deal on the wheel thing. We can hook up later on a beer. One of these days i will visit my brother and swing out your way for a visit I hope.I can't wait to get my hands on that IBOC. I am working on another in Pennsylvania. Still have not found your Team America but have not given up either. good things come to those who wait!
If you lay of the beer till after ride I let you ride the Schwinn........Than its Beck or Bass Ale...........
Never Give Up!!!