Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Odd size...odd problem
hey guys this is my first post and oddly enough its a problem about my bike!

Anyway I just started mountain biking and I ride a simple K2 ZED Sport. My issue is that I recently got a flat and while waiting for Sports Authority to get the size for my inner tube my roommate throws out my actual tire to the trash.

So my question is does anyone know where I can order the online a decently priced mountain bike tire?

Size Specs:

Innova 26 x 2.10 and I'd like to get a new tube. Should I look for the exact same size for a tube?

Any responses are much appreciated.

Hamon
now the question is, what type of riding do you do? and what are riding mostly in, i.e. hardpack dirt, mud, sand, concrete, combination of two
Tubes generally come like 1.75 thru 2.1. as long as you fall between them you will be fine
where are from so we can better recommend a place to purchase
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Thanks for the response Pain,

I ride mainly on terrain. Bike trails and whatnot. So I guess you can say a little of everything.

So it's safe to assume the tube would be would be 2.1 right?
depends on the tire you buy as to what tube
http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/a89707/black-jack-sbc-225-wire.html?lg=en&cr=USD&cn=us&gclid=COL_0OKbhLYCFVSVMgodtmIABg
not a bad tire for the money, decent feel on road, does sand pretty well and sheds mud okay
just make sure you buy the proper stem on your tube.
At pricepoint.com you can buy 5 at a time on the cheap. I like the continentals as a fave of mine
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Pain on the site it says the size is 2,25 or am I reading this wrong?
(03-17-2013, 01:08 PM)hburkhardt Wrote:  Pain on the site it says the size is 2,25 or am I reading this wrong?

that would be correct. If you want smaller, these are a great all around tire. I have them on a couple of my own and put them on a lot of used bikes that I sell
http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_172913_-1___
(03-17-2013, 12:07 PM)hburkhardt Wrote:  Size Specs:
Innova 26 x 2.10 and I'd like to get a new tube. Should I look for the exact same size for a tube?

Hamon

As others have said, tubes normally come sized to fit a range of tire sizes. So if you have a typical 26" (559mm) tire for a comfort/mountain bike the tire will be in the 1.95" to 2.125" range. Tubes are for sale that fit this size range, in fact you will find it to be a very common size. Go to your local bike shop & you're probably looking at $7.
If you liked the tire, get all the info from the remaining one to match it, you can't just use the size, Innova offers a number of tires in this size. Here's the web site.
Hey I got a mongoose mb xr200 the back original tire size is 26x2.10, my question is can I put a 26x2.25 tire? When I installed it, I tried it out and felt a like it has a fold could it be that the tire is new because it came folded?
All 26 x 2.xx tires fit the same rim. What size you can put on depends on whether it fits in the frame without rubbing. What size is recommended depends on the width of the rim. As for the fold, it's more likely you did not install properly.

http://sheldonbrown.com/tire-sizing.html
(08-31-2014, 01:31 AM)lucky Wrote:  I tried it out and felt a like it has a fold could it be that the tire is new because it came folded?
You mean there's a thud or bump with each revolution? Flip the bike, spin the tire & get a sight line on a fixed object & look for run out etc.
Thanks, I am also going to order tyres.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

01-18-2010, 08:41 AM
Last Post: Jordan300