Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Problem when I pedal
Yes they certainly look pretty Smile.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
You know I was just thinking, does it matter what type of crankset for HG system? And does it matter what type of chain?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
hi again, i've changed over the front crank set with out much trouble. what i am having a problem with now is removing the rear cassette,

standing over the rear wheel with the correct tool in center of the cogs I have the spanner pushing down there is literally no movement... any ideas where I may be going wrong?
pic of rear gears, i've taken the axel all out
(11-21-2012, 05:17 PM)MARK170881 Wrote:  pic of rear gears, i've taken the axel all out
you may now need this tool or one like it, you should be able to see the splines on the inner wall behind the nut in the pic
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
In your previous picture you show the rear cluster with the axle nuts off. So I think you do have the tool PL showed and just find things very tight. That is not unusual. What shops do is put the free wheel tool in a vise teeth up and than put the wheel onto it , than using the wheel giving them lots of leverage they get the cluster off. If you have access to a large vise try that, or take the wheel to a dealer they usually will do it gratis......

You can also put the tool in than put the skewer in
with a large washer under the nut so it will hold the tool in tight and use a pipe over the wrench for more leverage. Have some one hold the wheel. Make sure you are turning counter clock wise.
Never Give Up!!!