Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What have I got here?
[attachment=2909]

I'm wondering if this is a quality part? If so where can I buy another? If not can I just replace the sealed bearings? or upgrade the entire BB? I'll need to know how to measure the length, is it the entire length or ???

Thanks a bunch,
Mm
looks like a standard square tapered bottom bracket for a 73 mm shell, measure the total length of the spindle without nuts. take note if you have a centered spindle or offset. as far as brand that would be up to you. Do not know where u are from as you never told us in your Bio, its a pretty big world so get what is available where ever you are. it appears to be British standard you will know if you had right and left threading. Make sure you get one for 73mm shell and measure your spindle in mm too
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Suggest replacing it with one of these. You need to measure the spindle length.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014C4G58
Never Give Up!!!
(11-29-2011, 07:28 PM)painkiller Wrote:  looks like a standard square tapered bottom bracket for a 73 mm shell, measure the total length of the spindle without nuts. take note if you have a centered spindle or offset. as far as brand that would be up to you. Do not know where u are from as you never told us in your Bio, its a pretty big world so get what is available where ever you are. it appears to be British standard you will know if you had right and left threading. Make sure you get one for 73mm shell and measure your spindle in mm too

You are right about the British standard thread, and I've updated my bio...
Thanks for the help.

(11-29-2011, 07:41 PM)GeorgeET Wrote:  Suggest replacing it with one of these. You need to measure the spindle length.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0014C4G58

Thanks GeorgeET I was wondering if my BB could be interchanged or upgraded.
TH Industries makes low end components. They are a Taiwan based company. The BBs are not serviceable - replaceable only.

The UN54 that George suggested is a slightly higher quality bottom bracket; also not serviceable.
Nigel
(12-01-2011, 12:57 AM)nfmisso Wrote:  TH Industries makes low end components. They are a Taiwan based company. The BBs are not serviceable - replaceable only.

The UN54 that George suggested is a slightly higher quality bottom bracket; also not serviceable.

Thanks Nigel are there any other upgrades you could recommend?
(12-01-2011, 08:28 AM)moosemouse Wrote:  Thanks Nigel are there any other upgrades you could recommend?

Sorry; I do not know what the rest of the components on your bike. I only change things if they need to be changed due to being worn out, or have some deficiency in performance that I feel needs to be rectified. Some are upgrades, some are sideways changes, and some, others may consider downgrades.
Nigel