Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

How to re & re shift cable on Shimano SIS
My Evox has the Shimano SIS twist shifters and I am looking at changing the cable. Just wondering how you get the cable out and back into the actual shifter...it seems pretty sealed up and I don't wanna wreck it.

It is Dual SIS (SL-RS40)
Sorry to asked this but is there any way that you can get a picture under the shifter and on the other side of it. I have been looking at some shimano tech docs for you but I need to see the bottom of it and the other side. Thanks
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
There should be screws or little bolts under the other side you can do a search on the web for your kind of shifters you have its out here some place what ever you can think of its out on the web good or bad its here.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Me bad... should have Googled first. Someone was nice enough to post a pdf of the schematics of my shifters. Of course it wasn't available on Shimano's site... although all kinds of others are...lol.
Let us know how it turns out for ya Blade
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(03-30-2010, 01:41 PM)Bill Wrote:  Let us know how it turns out for ya Blade

Got er done...there was two small screws underneath that held the top piece on. You needed to have the shifter set to the lowest range (for the front) and then it was easy to slip out the old cable. Used a universal cable for a rear deraileur in order for it to fit for my front deraileur...lol.
Awesome! I have a Mongoose XR-200 that has similar shifters I will definitely make note of this when I change them over. Thanks for the follow up.
(03-30-2010, 09:44 AM)Black_Blade Wrote:  Me bad... should have Googled first. Someone was nice enough to post a pdf of the schematics of my shifters. Of course it wasn't available on Shimano's site... although all kinds of others are...lol.

So did you post it on this site?

Possibly Related Threads...