Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

A new Mountain Bike Build
Well I got the itch for building my self a mountain bike a few days ago. Well today I had to order this frame I think this is going to be a fun build I have built a few bikes in my time but never have done a mountain bike its not going to be a cheap build thats for sure this time around its going to get the high end parts for the most. Looks like it will run me a little over 1600.00 to build it. My old Schwinn mountain bike is fun to ride but I want a good on that I can do a lot more with. The frame is the cheap part of the build lol. Her is a little pic of what the frame looks like. It comes in two color red or black I am going for the Red one with a black front fork. And its got to have a Brooks B17 Saddle on it too. I am also thinking going with clipless pedals form Shimano the ones I want cost to much lol but I will still get them and just the other day I said I did not like shimano shoes oh well here I go again and they cost to much too but what the heck life is to short to not have a little fun once in a while. I know I know you all want to know when will this bike be done well I will let you know when I find out my self its not going to be any time soon thats for sure I just order the frame only for now maybe by the end of the year I will have all the parts so I can build it in the winter of 2010 Oct.10 would be a good day to start it lol My B Day :-)
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
oo nice! like the frame colour, same as mine Big Grin , well good luck building it Big Grin
Congrats and Happy Bday coming. That looks like a VERY nice frame and bike to build.
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I'd like to see some updates on this build, I was just looking at one of these frames on sale.
Sweet frame!

what toys are you thinking of giving it?
Any progress on this build?
Yea just wondering how this was going to ? Smile
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!

Possibly Related Threads...