Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Joe_W and Alex need your help!
Joe_W and Alex I really really need your help on truing this wheel! I was gonna put it in the Truing Stand but I do not think it will fit?? lol .......
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Darn Bill, that one is in bad shape. I don't think it can be fixed, unless you want to swap the rim for a new/used one Smile
Even tho that rim looks bad and it is but there is a school that can take that rim off and fix it they run it in some machine. I watch it. Wish I knew what school it was. It was fun to watch how they did it. It only took a few sec to run it in and it came out like new. Just a little info :-)
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Lol that was only a joke, but the main and best part of that bike is what holds it to the frame, the 3spd hub Wink .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
I knew it was a joke but I was just letting you know if you did want to save it. It could be done :-) site
Now the bike look cool so many nice bikes to redo if we all had the money for them. Every time I see an old bike I want it lol.
My dad always told me a Sledge a matic can fix any thing.
Haha you got me good Smile
looks... complicated Wink. There are people out there who actually try to force such a rim back to roundish. I think I saw it on instructables, but cannot find it at the moment.
Figured both of ya would think something like that. Big Grin This will be no more then a parts, the hub is being donated for Mechanical Research and Instructional purposes (almost sounds like I am donating it to a college hahaha).
(03-20-2010, 08:04 PM)Bill Wrote:  Lol that was only a joke, but the main and best part of that bike is what holds it to the frame, the 3spd hub Wink .

If it's a 3 speed hub it's got to be the old favourite Sturmey Archer.

A Raleigh chopper wouldn't be the same without one lol
Cannondale, handmade in USA............................................Refined in Surrey, England.
- Cannondale F500, Kona Blast, Kona Caldera-
Well, I should actually say something like "rims are consumables"... *g
@pete Yes an older Sturmey.

@Joe that's your line wow I forgot lol.
@pete Yes an older Sturmey.

@Joe that's your line wow I forgot lol.
I sometimes forget that, too... but hey, good to have a donor bike for your future projects (and the rear tyre looks kind of newish, you can reuse tyre, tube and hub! I'd scrap the spokes though, maybe use them as springs for a dishing gauge or as hangers for your wheels or to stir paint).
Hey thanks for the ideas on the spokes wow never thought of that. Thanks Joe.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

03-18-2010, 07:59 AM
Last Post: Bill

10-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Last Post: DaveM