Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My "FAVORIT" Bike, 70s Czech bike
Something I've been working on the last couple of months: early '70s (73?) Czech made Favorit. Solidly made bike with most components made by Favorit (crankset, BB, brakeset, shifters, derailleurs, pedals); OE Maillard wheels, SR stem, unknown bar, and Tioga "Bear Trap" headset (I assume that the OE headset was an in-house part). Rear dropouts are knurled. Not one of their pro racers, but still a decent frame. I do not know if the "Special" on the fork decal is in reference to the bike model or the tubing. The paint needs help, but I'm just going to touch-up and preserve what is there. I have a couple spare original chainwheels and cranks that look better and one needs to be installed with some new tires and bar tape. I have an an old SILCA pump in celeste color with the Bianchi logo which might fit this frame otherwise a chrome finished pump will be used. I also have a Soviet Union period leather saddle bag and tools to give it a little more authenticity.

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
interesting bike, thanks for loosening up my neck! ha
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(10-16-2020, 05:09 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  interesting bike, thanks for loosening up my neck! ha
Sorry, for some reason all my pics are now turning 90°, even if forwarded to me by another. Hoping the eastern European folk can supply a little background relating to this marque.
Take care,
Jesper

Cool one! Does the frame look just like Bianchi celeste in real life?

(10-16-2020, 05:09 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  interesting bike, thanks for loosening up my neck! ha

Haha. I simply flipped my laptop 90 degrees and let it sit like that on the table Smile
Autobahn
(10-18-2020, 09:32 AM)G_M Wrote:  Cool one! Does the frame look just like Bianchi celeste in real life?

It looks very much like the "early" celeste color, seems newer Bianchi's looked a little more green than the blue (celeste=sky, hence blue) hue. The celeste "matching" wrap is a good example, looks better on newer Bianchis than old, but I'm using it nonetheless unless I come across a better match. It matters if you see it in sunlight as opposed to artificial. Hard to buy stuff like this online, never know how it looks in reality 'til it's too late. Odd that I'm really not a fan of Bianchis just because of the plethora of "celeste" bikes tooling about; but I have 2 non-Bianchi bikes that more than closely resemble their ubiquitous color.

The top photo is what I saw when bought; but in the bottom photo it is green in the sunlight when I view it.

Take care,
Jesper