Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Top 3 Bibshorts in terms of value
Re started my training regimen with 3 days training - rest - 2 days training - rest target saddle time is 8 to 11 hours of zone 2 efforts.

Missed one training schedule today because all my bibs were in the laundry LOL 🤣

So now I'm shopping around for proper training kits

What's your favorite brand for this and why?
Hello meamoantonio, congratulations and wishing you the very best with your training regimen.

My personal experience has been that after weeks or months of training, the butts get used to saddle. I stopped using the riding shorts after the first couple of weeks of riding and continued to ride my bicycle the next 6-7 months using simple gym shorts.

Brand-wise, I have a Pearl Izumi and a offbeat Amazon riding shorts.
oh I have heard of good things from Pearl Izumi, thank you for this suggestion Girish!
Yes, when I was a novice and desperately needed a biking short I went with a known/tested brand (Pearl Izumi). This is after I had done a long distance (50 + miles) in regular pants leading to wounds in the groin and saddle area....

Then slowly I got used to the bike saddle and when it was time to purchase another pair of biking shorts I went with a more economical/popular alternative pair on amazon. Sadly, I don't remember the name. It worked great as well. As an added advantage it had a bit of more colors (for safety). Pearl Izumi's are primarily black with just their "PI" log being reflective. I feel it's a bit unsafe when riding in the dark. The amazon short had a lot more of fluorescent green/orange color to it. So, a bit more visible in the dark, I guess.

(02-25-2024, 10:37 PM)meamoantonio Wrote:  oh I have heard of good things from Pearl Izumi, thank you for this suggestion Girish!
(02-14-2024, 04:00 AM)meamoantonio Wrote:  Re started my training regimen with 3 days training - rest - 2 days training - rest target saddle time is 8 to 11 hours of zone 2 efforts.

Missed one training schedule today because all my bibs were in the laundry LOL 🤣

So now I'm shopping around for proper training kits

What's your favorite brand for this and why?

If you're looking to spend some $$$ go with Giordana. I think they have the best kits but you can of course find better value for money.
Not many people know about this Italian company so do take a look.