Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Stuck front derailer and limit screws
Ok so I'm kinda new to the whole bike diy. I was trying to adjust my front derailer since the chain was rubbing in the bottom and top chainrings. I started with the low gear first backing out the L screw and was going to tighten it as I went, but I backed it out too far and the screw came completely out and as i try to put it back in it will turn easily for about half way then just freeze up. And now the derailleur doesn't move at all when I turn the H or L screws. Do I need a new derailleur? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Ok i got the L screw to turn easilily and was able to adjust the low gear. Now just the H screw freezes up about half way in and wont go any farther. I repositioned the the front derail and adjusted the cable tension to get L working.(I guess thats what was wrong because the low gear adjusted just fine after I did those things.) Now Im just stuck with the H. Any input on this would really help alot. Thanks

Have you had a look at this tutorial? It may prove to be helpful. http://bikeride.com/adjust-front-derailer/<br />
If the "H" limit screw was removed from the derailleur completely, are you sure that you didn't cross-thread it when you put it back in?

have you gotten the screws to go in? I'm in a similar situation, here.

Possibly Related Threads...