Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Noseless saddle
I have been looking at the spongy wonder saddles and was wondering if any one has experience with them. I have been plagued with testicular problems, and was thinking the design might help. Dan
(02-07-2010, 06:45 PM)Chilliwack Dan Wrote:  I have been looking at the spongy wonder saddles and was wondering if any one has experience with them. I have been plagued with testicular problems, and was thinking the design might help. Dan

Yikes, that really is not good! I believe Bell manufactures a seat that is nose less. Looks like a lawn mower seat if you asked me, but easier testicle problems. Another idea is to get one of those gel fill seats. You consider on using a jock or something similar? This sounds all funny and stuff, but it isn't as I have heard of people complain of the traditional seat with close problems Sad. Here is a link, look on the left as you read for links above the picture of the Spongy Wander. Good luck hope this helps...

http://www.jimlangley.net/crank/bicycleseats.html
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Thanks for the link Bill, I didn't know there was that many designs.
I have a condition called varecous sele, not sure of spelling, any way i can put a black angus bull to shame in size. Very uncomfortable on a long ride.
Thanks Again Dan
Not a problem Dan, my uncle had the same problem you do only I was young when my father tried to explain. He passed on when I was young as well but I understand. If I find any other links I will post em here to help ya out. Here is what the Riding Mower seat looks like...
http://cgi.ebay.com/Schwinn-Bicycle-Seat-No-Pressure-Black-Comfort-Bike-NEW_W0QQitemZ220553575622QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item3​35a047cc6

and here..
http://cgi.ebay.com/Adult-Tricycle-Tractor-Style-Seat-NEW_W0QQitemZ330401773393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item4​ced7af751

Those are only to show ya and I have sat on the 2nd one listed before rather hard on the kaboose when riding lol.

Good luck with your choice Dan.

Just a note to tell ya do some reading on reviews before ya go and purchase the first one ya see, but I am sure you already know that Smile .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
(02-07-2010, 06:45 PM)Chilliwack Dan Wrote:  I have been looking at the spongy wonder saddles and was wondering if any one has experience with them. I have been plagued with testicular problems, and was thinking the design might help. Dan

This kind of seat can help a lot. Here is the link to it.
http://www.hobsonseats.com
Thanks Surly, The more I look the more nose less seats I find.
Now to make a choice. Dan
Here is another place to get your self a good seat they are not noseless but it does fill good on your butt. I use one for a while until I got my self a Brooks B17 Special.
Here is the link to it hope this will help a little more just do a good search for bicycle saddles. Now for the link http://www.serfas.com
Here is a pic of the seat that might be just for you.
And the place you can get them at too. Link http://www.serfas.com/product_details.asp?ID=10
Thanks Surly, man there is a pile of saddles out there. I have the new bike picked out, a BRODIE Olympus. As soon as my recumbents sell it will be mine.
Thanks again Dan
I would suggest the RIDO R2 for you!

here's the link:

http://www.rido-cyclesaddles.com/sensational-new-r2-c100064.html
(02-10-2010, 10:41 PM)Surly LHT Wrote:  Here is another place to get your self a good seat they are not noseless but it does fill good on your butt. I use one for a while until I got my self a Brooks B17 Special.
Here is the link to it hope this will help a little more just do a good search for bicycle saddles. Now for the link http://www.serfas.com

Why would the Brooks 17 saddle not put pressure of your Perineum?
Wow, this is an old thread.
I have saddle comfort issues & I don't see how the brooks would help, (Brooks has fiercely loyal & vocal followers).
The rear end of the saddle needs to be elevated, saddles with bulbous areas under the "sit bones" can help. I've also tried the ISM saddles (don't like the sports model).
Getting, or converting a bike to an upright riding position has been my solution, along with riding on my "sit bones".
(08-20-2013, 04:13 PM)Pedaling Wrote:  
(02-10-2010, 10:41 PM)Surly LHT Wrote:  Here is another place to get your self a good seat they are not noseless but it does fill good on your butt. I use one for a while until I got my self a Brooks B17 Special.

I am replying to my own message because I have found the simple and cheapest solution which is not Serfax and/or any other noseless saddles on the market because they all have flaws. I returned two of them Nexride and the ergo ....both a joke because your gluteus are squeezed hard against their saddle front edge frame mount .

I just made a large cut out by removing the top of an old saddle not all the way down in order to keep the nose tip attached to the railing. I kept 3 inches at the rear for the sit bones area leaving intact the regular down rear shape of that saddle. Tilted backward I seat very comfortably while riding with the perineum free of any pressure.
I am replying to my own message because I have found the simple and cheapest solution which is not Serfax and/or any other noseless saddles on the market because they all have flaws. I returned two of them Nexride and the ergo ....both a joke because your gluteus are squeezed hard against their saddle front edge frame mount .

I just made a large cut out by removing the top of an old saddle not all the way down in order to keep the nose tip attached to the railing. I kept 3 inches at the rear for the sit bones area leaving intact the regular down rear shape of that saddle. Tilted backward I seat very comfortably while riding with the perineum free of any pressure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

11-17-2014, 05:31 PM
Last Post: SpinIt

05-12-2014, 01:27 PM
Last Post: cny-man

07-29-2011, 05:22 AM
Last Post: Joe_W