Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

My current bike
For those that may not already know due to my absence, I switched bikes again, and sold off what I had (got about $50 for 3 of them). My current project/rider is this Columbia road bike in the picture.

As for progress in my riding (for who really cares about that), I managed a couple of trips where I was in the saddle most of the day before it got too cold for that. It's fun to be out and know you got yourself a good distance (for a car) on the bike, and got to see a lot of things you ordinarily wouldn't. And take pictures of some of them.

The feeling of accomplishment is wonderful, both for doing the ride and managing it (nutrition, etc), and fixing up the bike well to be able to handle such distances & time and know it happened.

Edit: And on the clean-up/fix-up job, I had someone make an offer on the bike while I was out on the 2nd ride. That was definitely a surprise.

(the only thing I need to do is raise the stem on the handle bars and figure out some technique to be faster than I am).

Have fun, all, and hope everyone is encouraged some to go out when it gets to be spring.
Why is it that they make adult bikes that'll generally work for 5'9" or above, yet when you pedal these same bikes they only work for someone who is 5'4" or so?
Hey there is my bike! Well the one I want next lol. Pretty nice Smile .
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Yeah Skyguy that's a classic, great project bike!
That looks close to the Columbia Dream Machine!
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
It actually is very close to the Columbia Pepsi Spirit, but it doesn't have all the logos that that bike does. But it does have the same color scheme and a solitary Pepsi logo sticker on it.

I gather it has some connection to a Columbia/Pepsi sponsorship or race or some kind. I really wish I knew more about the bike in that regard.
Why is it that they make adult bikes that'll generally work for 5'9" or above, yet when you pedal these same bikes they only work for someone who is 5'4" or so?
(03-13-2010, 06:19 PM)Skyguy9999 Wrote:  It actually is very close to the Columbia Pepsi Spirit, but it doesn't have all the logos that that bike does. But it does have the same color scheme and a solitary Pepsi logo sticker on it.

I gather it has some connection to a Columbia/Pepsi sponsorship or race or some kind. I really wish I knew more about the bike in that regard.

Probably you are right, Pepsi sponsors a lot of things. Today I picked up a Columbia Dream Machine 10 speed, Free Spirit 10speed, 3 50's-60's vintage 3 speeds. My Columbia looks VERY close to yours.