Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the October Giveaway to Win the Qiolor TIGER Retro Electric Bike

Condor Acciaio, a premium steel road bike
I recently got this bike frame

https://www.condorcycles.com/products/condor-acciaio-frameset?variant=44635349188929

It really rides like a dream and its really amazing how it light it is compared to my carbon and aluminum road bikes.

built this using 105 5800 Rim Brake version, DT Swiss P1600 Wheelset and Shimano Pro finish kits (Handle Bar, Stem, Seatpost)
and it brought the total weight to just below 8kgs

my carbon road bike is slightly above 8kg and my alloy road bike is at 10kg, both of these are disc brake options

out of the three, I think I fell in love with this the most despite it having rim brakes and dated (by today's standards) components

What surprising bikes do you have that you instantly fell in love with despite having hesitations at first?
sounds cool, post up some pics when you can, My lightest hardtail is steel and lighter than most of my other rigid bikes alloy or steel.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(07-13-2024, 10:51 AM)Painkiller Wrote:  sounds cool, post up some pics when you can, My lightest hardtail is steel and lighter than most of my other rigid bikes alloy or steel.

Ive been on this forum for about 2 years now and I still couldn't figure out how o attach photos here Sad hahahaha that's why I just attached the link for the bike listing itself

[Image: photo.php?fbid=10160449208287600&amp...amp;type=3]

let's see if this works haha
Condor quotes 1850g for the frame. That's on the lighter side for a steel frame but still likely to be up to 1kg heavier than a CF frame. I wonder why your CF bike is heavier than your Condor? Disc brakes wouldn't account for this.

Still, that looks like a fabulous frame.
(07-13-2024, 01:39 PM)enkei Wrote:  Condor quotes 1850g for the frame. That's on the lighter side for a steel frame but still likely to be up to 1kg heavier than a CF frame. I wonder why your CF bike is heavier than your Condor? Disc brakes wouldn't account for this.

Disc brakes are heavier than rim brakes (1/4 to 1/2 lb or more, but lighter rims on average), but that frameset has a carbon fork so I think that is where the big difference is. If Pro cockpit and post are carbon that also helps. A bit misleading considering the bike's name translates from Italian as "steel". Also, made from some very lightweight tubing "Spirit" and "Max". Spirit is super lightweight, drawn down to about .4mm wall thickness, and butts are not much thicker.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(07-13-2024, 01:39 PM)enkei Wrote:  Condor quotes 1850g for the frame. That's on the lighter side for a steel frame but still likely to be up to 1kg heavier than a CF frame. I wonder why your CF bike is heavier than your Condor? Disc brakes wouldn't account for this.

I havent taken apart my Giant Defy in a while so I cant measure each component but im guessing the wheelset of it is much heavier than what I have on the Acciaio

Possibly Related Threads...