Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Florida Spiders (Warning: not suitable for Arachnophobes!)
Thought I would add a liitle color on a dreary cold rainy day here in Florida. Just buried my "Sister" (actually my cousin) who was a Catholic nun of 85yrs so needed a little change of pace.

Approx 4" "toe to toe"

Approx. 2" "toe to toe"

Aprox. 2.5" "toe to toe"

Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Forgot one!

Approx. 1.5" toe to toe

Take care,
Jesper

Condolences, Jesper. Are these real colors? If so, they must be real poisonous..

Not exactly spider but this butterfly definitely will more color, Jesper..

https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/mistergordoindia/day-5-sagara-to-sirsi/
(01-11-2024, 01:03 PM)GirishH Wrote:  Condolences, Jesper. Are these real colors? If so, they must be real poisonous..

Not exactly spider but this butterfly definitely will more color, Jesper..

https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/mistergordoindia/day-5-sagara-to-sirsi/

Thank you for your kind words!

Thanks for the link; it got me reading more of your travels!

You are correct! And good catch at a doctored photo. Interesting, but most of Florida's poisonous spiders are not that colorful as a natural warning system (black and brown widows, brown recluse).
I have done professional photography when film was the thing, but as yet I have not purchased a quality digital camera and I have been experimenting with the cheap phone camera which is just about the worse thing to use when trying to compose a decent quality photo (lack of focus and depth of field control, over flash discoloration,etc.). Unfortunately, the best focus comes when using a flash which kills the natural colors so why not just embellish the real thing. If I posted the real photo it would not even come close to the natural color you would see in sunlight. 2 spiders were fairly dull with brown and black coloring, and the "big one" with the "hairy" leg joints is yellow/gold/brown; still quite striking in its own right, and its web was massive at about 6 feet in diameter. None have any reds, greens, or blues. That color is added by continuosly editing the photo, and editing the previous edited copy usually 2 to 3 times or more; it is time consuming and can be done more easily as a single edit using quality software. Generally, I do not edit a photo except to crop, sharpen if poor focus, and add a little color saturation/reduce whites to counter the ill effects of the flash.
The last one is the mosst realistic with the exception if color saturation. The 2 most colorful images took a fair amount of time since they were done with just the phone's basic program and not on any real photo software which would allow me to do a much better job, as well as hiding some obvious signs of image manipulation.
I've done some bike parts in a similar manner but more à la Andy Warhol style.
Take care,
Jesper

@GirishH
Here us one original photo to give you an idea how far I modified it.

Take care,
Jesper