Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Where are you from and What is your favorite place to ride?
I envy you guys... I live in a highly urbanized metropolis with practically zero consideration for cyclists. I find riding in cemeteries to be the safest and most convenient venue in which to ride... peaceful, you know..
I'm from Wiltshire, UK love MTbikes and must be the oldest around here at 70. I make single track trails in our local forest other younger riders some times add jumps or bigger burms to these trails my stead at the moment is a Rocky Mountain for my off road fun and I mean fun only last weekend I did the Sarsen 50k off road ride in under 4 hours against steep and slippery dips and hills with fare old gall blowing.
Looks like I can't show you my bikes, as I also have my road race bike Claud as in Butler, it was saved from the tip by a good friend and with in a month I was in Paris with. Then there is my very old and heavy Dawes for local shopping or nipping down to the yard for working on.... bikes or relevant bike subjects like are Wobble weekend fun with bikes.
AS I'm new to this forum I must learn your ways, ta-ta for now.

Ha, just seen that you had a problem with images, and I never did like Photobucket, to slow and complicated. But thanks for trying Alex.
I currently live in Tyrol, Austria.
This region is without a doubt my favorite place to ride, both on road bike and MTB. You have scenic and steep AF mountain trails within hands reach (also some great single trails for downhill), and the same can be said about the road biking possibilities. I understand why Tyrol hosted world championship last year. Had to get used to constantly climbing uphill for tens of minutes or even 1h+ without any flat sections, which is completely different than small "up & down" hills and heavy winds that I got used to in the past.

I had the privilege to grow up in Bavaria (Germany) -> loops with road bike around Walchensee or into Austria around Plansee (MTB routes from Garmisch to Plansee, Ehrwald) were the best Smile or biking to to Forggensee to take a look at Neuschwanstein castle but in US so far I've had the chance to ride my bike only around Long Island.
Denver, Golden Gate Canyon Cool
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
I'm brand new since being diagnosed with epilepsy. I'm just now getting started, so any advice would be amazing!!
I live in Jamaica. Montego Bay is the best place to stay as there are more cyclists here ,to be able to join in regular rides. However my favorite road is the section from Ocho Rios to Annotto Bay along the eastern northcoast. Challenging route with some rollers and headwinds but oh so beautiful and perfect smooth road conditions.
I am from Winamac, Indiana. My favorite place to ride is Mackinac Island, Michigan
I’d love to ride on the trails here in San Diego. I love the Penesquito area. It’s also be great for riding around town!
I enjoy riding wherever the air is clear, the scenery enthralling, and the vehicular traffic lean.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
currently residing in New York but I once I found peace riding the Cabot Trail in Nova Scotia
Music 
Hi! I am from Oklahoma City, and my bike is my sole means of transportation. (No driver's license, no car.) But I think my favorite place to ride is on the bike paths along the Oklahoma River. Peaceful. No traffic. And no traffic lights! (I like to ride fast! 😁)
(08-01-2019, 09:44 AM)JoJoJo Wrote:  I had the privilege to grow up in Bavaria (Germany) -> loops with road bike around Walchensee or into Austria around Plansee (MTB routes from Garmisch to Plansee, Ehrwald) were the best Smile or biking to to Forggensee to take a look at Neuschwanstein castle but in US so far I've had the chance to ride my bike only around Long Island.
You need to bike up around the Bear Mountain area; it has been about 37 years since I cycled it, but it is nice around the Hudson River Valley up there. Up towards the Catskills is also some great riding. I never made it up to Germany, but I enjoyed riding the hills in southern France.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(08-03-2020, 02:52 PM)Jesper Wrote:  
(08-01-2019, 09:44 AM)JoJoJo Wrote:  I had the privilege to grow up in Bavaria (Germany) -> loops with road bike around Walchensee or into Austria around Plansee (MTB routes from Garmisch to Plansee, Ehrwald) were the best Smile or biking to to Forggensee to take a look at Neuschwanstein castle but in US so far I've had the chance to ride my bike only around Long Island.
You need to bike up around the Bear Mountain area; it has been about 37 years since I cycled it, but it is nice around the Hudson River Valley up there. Up towards the Catskills is also some great riding. I never made it up to Germany, but I enjoyed riding the hills in southern France.

thanks for the tips! i've never been in those places yet with my roadie -> staying in my bubble
I'm from Berkshire, UK, and I'm fortunate to live very near the Chilten Hills (AONB) - very scenic, not too many cars and a little lumpy Smile

However, my favourite place to ride is the Surrey Hills (another Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty). My best experience of these roads has been my participation in the RideLondon 100. I also visit the area with friends.
i love to ride around NYC
I'm from Caloocan City Philippines. I love commuting around the metro, it's like you're discovering something new everytime I ride.
Living in Southern California is a cyclist's dream location. My wife and I can ride along the beach or head inland and tackle the hills and back country trails. My favorite ride is along the mountain trails east of San Diego which is always sunny but can get hot.
Dartmoor
My favorite place to ride would be Sedona, I am in Phoenix, so summer riding is OUT.