Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Would you like a pizza after cycling?
Would you like a pizza after cycling? Share the joy of eating pizza with your family.
I love pizza after cycling.

Amazing comfort food with excellent macronutrient qualities to replenish stores and support metabolic afterburn.

Micronutrients in pizza is very underwhelming, but I always take a multivitamin shard with my meals to suite.

Pizza though is among one of my worst performance foods. I prefer to avoid it before rides or intra-ride as much as possible. The acid content is immense and the macronutrients are complex with a good amount of latency in their bio-availability.
Haha! Absolutely yes, and beer!
My YouTube channel about life and riding bikes in Ecuador: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC53LAQO8WH782Tjr_N8WPOg
(01-05-2023, 05:13 AM)Santic Wrote:  Would you like a pizza after cycling? Share the joy of eating pizza with your family.

Although we have a couple of frozen pies in the freezer as backups for when we don't feel like cooking, I like making my own pizza. I use a flatbread or Nann, for the base, looking for good ingredients and low sodium. Pomi tomatoes adding my own herbs, fresh baby spinach, arugula, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and some vegan cheeses. (maybe a few dots of goat cheese) Drizzle with good EVOO. This is the way I can control the salt mainly since I am always so thirsty after having pizza shop pizzas. Heavy salt in the dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings.
PS I'm still recovering from holiday cookies!
(01-08-2023, 10:53 PM)ReapThaWhirlwind Wrote:  I love pizza after cycling.

Amazing comfort food with excellent macronutrient qualities to replenish stores and support metabolic afterburn.

Micronutrients in pizza is very underwhelming, but I always take a multivitamin shard with my meals to suite.

Pizza though is among one of my worst performance foods. I prefer to avoid it before rides or intra-ride as much as possible. The acid content is immense and the macronutrients are complex with a good amount of latency in their bio-availability.

Just a quick question since you seem to know about pizza's nutritional properties. I certainly do not.
Did you do a study relating to pizza? If so, is it published? What type of pizza: meat, vegetarian, seafood, cheeseless, gluten free dough, etc.? Do you have a degree in nutrition; are you a nutritionist or a registered dietitian?
I am certainly not, but I would like to know how much I can trust your analysis based on your educational or professional background regarding your comments. Thanks!

(01-15-2023, 12:09 PM)SPINMAN Wrote:  
(01-05-2023, 05:13 AM)Santic Wrote:  Would you like a pizza after cycling? Share the joy of eating pizza with your family.

Although we have a couple of frozen pies in the freezer as backups for when we don't feel like cooking, I like making my own pizza. I use a flatbread or Nann, for the base, looking for good ingredients and low sodium. Pomi tomatoes adding my own herbs, fresh baby spinach, arugula, sauteed mushrooms and onions, and some vegan cheeses. (maybe a few dots of goat cheese) Drizzle with good EVOO. This is the way I can control the salt mainly since I am always so thirsty after having pizza shop pizzas. Heavy salt in the dough, sauce, cheese, and toppings.
PS I'm still recovering from holiday cookies!

Thank you for your recipe recommendations! What is EVOO?

Please, intelligent people of the world, just read this COMPANY'S post!

What I would like is for thinly veiled marketing and research techniques to be obliterated from online public forums. Website administrators need to be more observant of these pathetic and obvious uses of the public opinion to gain free marketing information. This is nothing different than an "paid" online "survey" except for the paid part.
Santic, please just come out and identify yourself as a company trying to access public opinion for cost free market research.
I work as an IT security professional (and also have a governmental intelligence background), and although there is nothing illegal about what "Santic" is doing; this company is only trying to get free information to propel their profit margin based on those who will pay for merchandise produced by low cost labor.
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but I have seen this occur so many times that it is becoming pathetic.
What needs to happen is for companies like this, China based company, is to PAY YOU for providing them with valuable research data. This company is merely taking advantage of unsuspecting and gullible participants contributing in their plan to gain market information for free in order to profit off of it.
What is sad is that this company is open about who they are, and yet the public on this site is willing to give them information that "Santic" would have to pay professional marketing analysts for under normal circumstances. Thus, they gain from free marketing advice and low cost production labor.

I leave this to your own ethics if you decide to continue to provide this unethical company free information.

I have already done "deep dives" on this and other companies participating openly on this and other websites only to find that the general public is happy to unwaryingly provide them information that would otherwise, under normal circumstances, require a company (at a much higher cost) to hire someone to gather the same information.

These techniques are used by many companies, most of which put much more effort, and thus money, into their marketing research efforts.

Many companies are now just "phishing" for free information with general postings on forum sites (and emails, etc.) like this, and are most pleased for any responses provided to their (often "bot" generated) queries.

Fot those who care about the integrity of this and other forum sites that they are honestly supporting; please just ignore these postings and bring them to the attention of site administrators so that a disclaimer will be attached identifying these postings as commercial "phishing" threads.

I have, on this site alone, easily identified companies particitpating within the forums, private messaging, and onsite advertising.

Do what you will, but these unethical efforts only degrade the true nature of what a general public forum website was established for. I certainly understand the need for advertising, marketing, and the gathering of online information, but it should be done in an open and honest manner.

Essentially, every online "social" site is being unobstrusively or openly "mined" for information to be used for varying purposes. I am just providing a public warning to those who are not aware of it.
My post-bike ride guilty pleasures are a) a glass of beer, b) an ice cream (gelato), and c) a piece of cake with a cup of coffee. I mean, not all together but on separate occasions Big Grin
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
(01-08-2023, 10:53 PM)ReapThaWhirlwind Wrote:  I love pizza after cycling.

I must assume, by your lack of response, that you have no professional background regarding your nutritional comments. Thank you for exposing your lack of professional knowledge regarding your comments.
I don't know if its just me, but I absolutely hate eating anything with oil or cheese after cardio, running or cycling. Maybe I don't have the stomach for it Sad
Pizza is good for any occasion imo, especially after riding all day and you’re hungry as
Are you offering me one?
Wag more, bark less