Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Thruster® Retrogade Giveaway coming soon: 5/7

WARNING!! Magicycle soliciting fake product promotions
I have returned here due to receiving a private message via my email from "Magicycle".

BUYER BEWARE!!!! MAGICYCLE IS A COMPANY SOLICITING OTHERS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS WHETHER YOU HAVE USED THEM OR NOT. HERE IS WHAT THEY SENT TO ME AND A FRIEND (NEITHER OF US HAD EVEN HEARD OF THE BRAND [CHINESE MADE] BEFORE THIS SOLICITATION ON THIS WEBSITE (YOU BE THE JUDGE!):
"Hello friend,
Would you be interested in making some posts in the forum for our Magicycle bikes? We hope you can help us promote our products by posting or writing articles. We can pay you for that.
Hope to work with you!"

I could have easily, given my extensive cycling background, provided a fake review for their products and none would be the wiser. If you trust their "independent" promoters (paid to promote without any product knowledge) then good luck! I even asked to be given any product (not a bike specifically; just anything low cost) to test so I could provide an honest review; never heard back fron them since. A scam!

I know they exist (distributed from Canada?). I find that type of business ethic to be disgusting. At this point I would never purchase even a bottle holder from them since I cannot believe any promotion as being honest even if they are. There are other companies out there providing similar products which I would hope do not stoop to such means in order to push their brand on the public.

They contacted me 3 times; first time using a name ("Shirley", real or not?) to seemingly appear to be personable. The next 2 times used no contact name and both appeared to be templated responses to my replies (which I did through messaging on this site, not on my email).

Aside from wanting me to provide fake reviews of their products; I am also concerned that they may be trying to obtain personal information

I would hope that anyone else on this site (or others) do not accept their "offer"!

I tried posting on their f@$!book page, but it did not appear, so I posted as comments to other's reviews.

And with that warning I depart again.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
I flat out told them to send me which ever model they choose and I would be happy to give an unbiased review. Still waiting for them to get back to me.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
This is the craziest thing I've seen so far.
Their website looks pretty legit. I thought they wanted you to write reviews of their products. But how true is that whole "obtaining personal information". Should we report the website?
the site looks legit to me too, just marketing but who knows. That is why I told them to send me a bike to test out. After all they contacted me so I gave them my terms.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
I said the same thing. It's incredibly awkward for someone to promote something they've never used. I've never used an eBike at all, so it's impossible for me to compare. But at least I could highlight all the eases and utilities between using an eBike and a regular bike through various commutes.
(12-13-2022, 02:34 PM)Jesper Wrote:  I have returned here due to receiving a private message via my email from "Magicycle".

BUYER BEWARE!!!! MAGICYCLE IS A COMPANY SOLICITING OTHERS TO PROMOTE THEIR PRODUCTS WHETHER YOU HAVE USED THEM OR NOT. HERE IS WHAT THEY SENT TO ME AND A FRIEND (NEITHER OF US HAD EVEN HEARD OF THE BRAND [CHINESE MADE] BEFORE THIS SOLICITATION ON THIS WEBSITE (YOU BE THE JUDGE!):
"Hello friend,
Would you be interested in making some posts in the forum for our Magicycle bikes? We hope you can help us promote our products by posting or writing articles. We can pay you for that.
Hope to work with you!"

Hi Jesper,
Thank you for the warning!

Our community is not the platform for such promotions, and we have taken necessary measures.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

05-06-2024, 08:38 PM
Last Post: Jesper