Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Hello from Wyoming
Thanks for allowing me to be a member of this forum. I live in southeast Wyoming and ride an old Diamondback Ascent on the gravel roads, two tracks, and nearby state pasture lands. Recent purchased a slightly used 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite that is wonderful on pavement and bike trails. I'm 76 years old, currently riding 50-75 miles a week on the Elite. As the weather turns, I will probably be spending more time on the Diamondback.
very nice, and welcome to bikeride
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
welcome from Vermont!
It's nice to have bike folks from various states here, welcome! 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite is a nice ride, my cousing had one in white paint.

Can you share any favorite road bike routes around SE Wyoming?
Autobahn
(09-27-2020, 12:59 PM)G_M Wrote:  It's nice to have bike folks from various states here, welcome! 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite is a nice ride, my cousing had one in white paint.

My Specialized is also white with red and black logos. I think that was the only color scheme in 2013. Mine had so little use that the protective film was still on some of the components. It's my first real road bike, and quite a change from grinding out the miles on the Diamondback.

Cheyenne has about 40 miles of paved bike trails called the Greenway. If you Google it, you can see an interactive and/or downloadable map. There are also routes with wide shoulders or little traffic. North on Old Yellowstone Highway is one route that sees a lot of riders as does the frontage road west of I-25.

Yesterday my cycling partner and I rode the Weld County Poudre River Trail 21 miles one way from the River Bluffs Open Space east of Fort Collins in Laramie to Island Grove Park in Greeley. Great trail, wide and smooth. Not real busy even on Saturday. There are other trails and lanes around Greeley that we have not yet explored.

We have ridden multiple times on the trails in Fort Collins, probably our favorite area if we have time to haul the bikes 50 miles and back. I think there are over 200 miles of dedicated trails in that area. Lots of options for variable distances. https://www.fcgov.com/bicycling/bike-maps
(09-27-2020, 07:52 PM)Evan J Green Wrote:  
(09-27-2020, 12:59 PM)G_M Wrote:  It's nice to have bike folks from various states here, welcome! 2013 Specialized Tarmac Elite is a nice ride, my cousing had one in white paint.

My Specialized is also white with red and black logos. I think that was the only color scheme in 2013. Mine had so little use that the protective film was still on some of the components. It's my first real road bike, and quite a change from grinding out the miles on the Diamondback.

Hi Evan,

Welcome to the community from Florida!
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
greetings Evan!