Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Need help with info about this Evans Cycles road bike
I've seen others like it in different sizes for sale and the sellers were saying that they are made by a frame builder from Evans Cycles.

It has mostly Campagnolo parts, except the brake and shift levers which are Shimano. I assume the original ones were replaced.

I can't identify the crankset, derailleurs and bottom bracket, altough they seem to be Campagnolo. Any idea? The front derailleur has a Campagnolo logo on it but not the name of the model.

Not sure about the year of fabrication either.

Any info will help as it's a project bike and I'm planning to upgrade it with better parts, using these two builds as inspiration: Merckx Corsa Extra, Merckx Team SC. Thank you.

More pics

Pedalroom post with current spec

Attached Files Image(s)

(08-04-2020, 05:21 PM)Vlad13 Wrote:  Not sure about the year of fabrication either.
Any info will help as it's a project bike and I'm planning to upgrade it with better parts, using these two builds as inspiration: Merckx Corsa Extra, Merckx Team SC. Thank you.

More pics

Pedalroom post with current spec
Hi Vlad,
If the "SLX" decal is original, the frame would be from '84 or later. I doubt much newer than '93. the front derailleur appears to be a Campy "Veloce", but I cannot view it completely due to the photo (maybe a "Mirage"). It also looks a bit like an "Avanti", but I believe the outer control arm had raised lettering so it would be easy to ID; the "Veloce" and "Mirage" lettering seems to disappear over time making it hard to see, but there is usually some minor remnant still existing. Use a magnifying glass and you may see something. The rear derailleur may be an early Campy "Athena" variant. Seems that most of the components are 90's so that might date the bike if they are original.
I would try contacting Evans Cycles if their shop still exists.
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...