Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Help Needed for Bachelor Thesis
Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I've come to this community actually to ask for your help. Originally I've posted a version of this on reddit and a fellow Redditor recommended me this forum Smile

I've developed an App prototype for my bachelor thesis that allows cyclists to report so called "traffic incidents" - road blocks, missing infrastructure like bike lanes, etc. The envisioned idea would be a nice biker version of Waze, for those who know it, but no, not just a cheap copy. It's also not anything for money or for fame, it's for my degree Angel

Right now the app is iOS only (i.e. iPhone/iPad), and the study takes about 45 minutes, but never more than an hour. While I've already interviewed a few participants, I'd love to have more feedback from the cycling community, since the whole concept is based on you. If you would like to support me, please send me a dm with your email address and sign up for a spot on this Doodle (spoiler: this doodle is in the Berlin Timezone, if you're not sure what time it is you can use timeanddate.com to convert it). If you're not able to find a good appointment, just please let me know, I'm very flexible and will be updating the doodle as new dates open up.

Also, if possible, please be kind Blush

I really appreciate your help on this matter and I hope you all are staying safe!

Have a great day!

tl;dr: I'm looking for fellow cyclists to try my app in a study for my bachelor thesis!
(06-10-2020, 06:13 PM)sawshark Wrote:  Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I've come to this community actually to ask for your help. Originally I've posted a version of this on reddit and a fellow Redditor recommended me this forum Smile

I've developed an App prototype for my bachelor thesis that allows cyclists to report so called "traffic incidents" - road blocks, missing infrastructure like bike lanes, etc. The envisioned idea would be a nice biker version of Waze, for those who know it, but no, not just a cheap copy. It's also not anything for money or for fame, it's for my degree Angel

Right now the app is iOS only (i.e. iPhone/iPad), and the study takes about 45 minutes, but never more than an hour. While I've already interviewed a few participants, I'd love to have more feedback from the cycling community, since the whole concept is based on you. If you would like to support me, please send me a dm with your email address and sign up for a spot on this Doodle (spoiler: this doodle is in the Berlin Timezone, if you're not sure what time it is you can use timeanddate.com to convert it). If you're not able to find a good appointment, just please let me know, I'm very flexible and will be updating the doodle as new dates open up.

Also, if possible, please be kind Blush

I really appreciate your help on this matter and I hope you all are staying safe!

Have a great day!

tl;dr: I'm looking for fellow cyclists to try my app in a study for my bachelor thesis!

Hello,
I would be happy to participate, having over 45 years of cycling experience in various conditions (racing, commuting, touring, urban, rural, etc.). I do not subscribe to general social sites (Twitter, etc.), but I would be happy to support your research via email. If this is acceptable, I would provide to you my email address via private messaging on this site. Please feel free to send me a message, I will reply in short order. I am not an online expert. Please be patient with me!

Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(06-12-2020, 10:54 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Hello,
I would be happy to participate, having over 45 years of cycling experience in various conditions (racing, commuting, touring, urban, rural, etc.). I do not subscribe to general social sites (Twitter, etc.), but I would be happy to support your research via email. If this is acceptable, I would provide to you my email address via private messaging on this site. Please feel free to send me a message, I will reply in short order. I am not an online expert. Please be patient with me!

Jesper

Hey Jesper Smile thank you very much for your interest! I'll send you a PM right away!