Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Help Needed for Bachelor Thesis
Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I've come to this community actually to ask for your help. Originally I've posted a version of this on reddit and a fellow Redditor recommended me this forum Smile

I've developed an App prototype for my bachelor thesis that allows cyclists to report so called "traffic incidents" - road blocks, missing infrastructure like bike lanes, etc. The envisioned idea would be a nice biker version of Waze, for those who know it, but no, not just a cheap copy. It's also not anything for money or for fame, it's for my degree Angel

Right now the app is iOS only (i.e. iPhone/iPad), and the study takes about 45 minutes, but never more than an hour. While I've already interviewed a few participants, I'd love to have more feedback from the cycling community, since the whole concept is based on you. If you would like to support me, please send me a dm with your email address and sign up for a spot on this Doodle (spoiler: this doodle is in the Berlin Timezone, if you're not sure what time it is you can use timeanddate.com to convert it). If you're not able to find a good appointment, just please let me know, I'm very flexible and will be updating the doodle as new dates open up.

Also, if possible, please be kind Blush

I really appreciate your help on this matter and I hope you all are staying safe!

Have a great day!

tl;dr: I'm looking for fellow cyclists to try my app in a study for my bachelor thesis!
(06-10-2020, 06:13 PM)sawshark Wrote:  Hey everyone!

This is my first post and I've come to this community actually to ask for your help. Originally I've posted a version of this on reddit and a fellow Redditor recommended me this forum Smile

I've developed an App prototype for my bachelor thesis that allows cyclists to report so called "traffic incidents" - road blocks, missing infrastructure like bike lanes, etc. The envisioned idea would be a nice biker version of Waze, for those who know it, but no, not just a cheap copy. It's also not anything for money or for fame, it's for my degree Angel

Right now the app is iOS only (i.e. iPhone/iPad), and the study takes about 45 minutes, but never more than an hour. While I've already interviewed a few participants, I'd love to have more feedback from the cycling community, since the whole concept is based on you. If you would like to support me, please send me a dm with your email address and sign up for a spot on this Doodle (spoiler: this doodle is in the Berlin Timezone, if you're not sure what time it is you can use timeanddate.com to convert it). If you're not able to find a good appointment, just please let me know, I'm very flexible and will be updating the doodle as new dates open up.

Also, if possible, please be kind Blush

I really appreciate your help on this matter and I hope you all are staying safe!

Have a great day!

tl;dr: I'm looking for fellow cyclists to try my app in a study for my bachelor thesis!

Hello,
I would be happy to participate, having over 45 years of cycling experience in various conditions (racing, commuting, touring, urban, rural, etc.). I do not subscribe to general social sites (Twitter, etc.), but I would be happy to support your research via email. If this is acceptable, I would provide to you my email address via private messaging on this site. Please feel free to send me a message, I will reply in short order. I am not an online expert. Please be patient with me!

Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(06-12-2020, 10:54 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Hello,
I would be happy to participate, having over 45 years of cycling experience in various conditions (racing, commuting, touring, urban, rural, etc.). I do not subscribe to general social sites (Twitter, etc.), but I would be happy to support your research via email. If this is acceptable, I would provide to you my email address via private messaging on this site. Please feel free to send me a message, I will reply in short order. I am not an online expert. Please be patient with me!

Jesper

Hey Jesper Smile thank you very much for your interest! I'll send you a PM right away!