Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Let's see your road bike (post yours)
I think we need this thread Shy
What road bike do you have? Post a photo of it if you want or tell something about this bicycle.

I've fought through two season with Specialized Tarmac Expert SL6 (2018), FACT 10r carbon frame in turquoise+black
"Carbon is faster"
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)

With carbon frame and Ultegra groupset. It's my first 'real' road bike.

Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
Began (serious) biking last summer with Giordano Libero 1.6 (2019)
Not too fancy but I have the Norco Search on the right (wife's bike is on the left).

Attached Files Image(s)

(01-10-2020, 09:38 AM)Michael Murdock Wrote:  Not too fancy but I have the Norco Search on the right (wife's bike is on the left).

That's a classy Canadian ride Rolleyes
Do you both bike together?
"Carbon is faster"
My only drop bar bicycle I own, 1990 Specialized Allez Epic. All original except for the seat and tires. Hope to have her ready by spring
[Image: sepcallez1.jpg]
[Image: specallez3.jpg]
[Image: specallez5.jpg]
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(01-11-2020, 12:02 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  My only drop bar bicycle I own, 1990 Specialized Allez Epic. All original except for the seat and tires. Hope to have her ready by spring

can't wait to see "ready" look! i raced with 1993 Specialized Epic in the 90's. carbon frame with speedy geometry, good times.
I just love the carbon weave on these. Mine is the Shimano 105 Groupset
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
mine was the original Shimano 600 Ultegra groupset back then. unfortunately we had to part ways years ago. i remember that in early 90s each year they released 105, Ultegra & Dura ace models.

your frame weave is indeed mighty eye catching. i'd love to see if from more angles and lighting once it's ready to inhale outdoors.
(01-11-2020, 12:02 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  My only drop bar bicycle I own, 1990 Specialized Allez Epic. All original except for the seat and tires. Hope to have her ready by spring

Aluminium fork and lugs?
yes they are
2012 Colnago ACE

2017 Colnago CRS

HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
Very nice there Sir!
(01-27-2020, 03:32 PM)JohnV Wrote:  2012 Colnago ACE
2017 Colnago CRS

Good looking Colnago duo!
How do they differ from each other and does each of them have its purpose? Training vs rides/events? Shorter vs endurance?
"Carbon is faster"
(01-27-2020, 07:13 PM)Nikko Wrote:  
(01-27-2020, 03:32 PM)JohnV Wrote:  2012 Colnago ACE
2017 Colnago CRS

Good looking Colnago duo!
How do they differ from each other and does each of them have its purpose? Training vs rides/events? Shorter vs endurance?

The ACE has an endurance geometry frame and I bought it because I mostly do distance riding rather than racing. Although it does pretty good at keeping up with race geometry bikes, However, it does put me in a little more upright position. It's now my backup bike but still gets ridden every now and then.

The CRS has a race geometry frame and I bought it because Colnago didn't make an endurance frame in 2017. Also, the ACE had over 46,000 miles on it, at the time, and that was my justification for getting a new bike .

Both bikes are very stiff and handle exceptionally well. The ACE takes the roughness out of the roads better but the CRS is more comfortable; mainly because the handlebars aren't as wide as the ones on the ACE.
HCFR Cycling Team
Ride Safe...Ride Hard...Ride Daily
What I generally ride to smoke (for my age) the paved trails. Full Campy Record, Mavic Open Pro rims. Will add Fondriest rims when I get a chance in the future; they match the frame so why not. Hoskar saddle was being tested when photo was taken, I have a Fondriest embellished saddle on a Campy post normally.

Attached Files Image(s)

Ride Fast, Be Safe!
Howard
Here's mine, bought with the money from the insurance company of the driver who hit me!
Fezzari Fore 3, upgraded with Boyd 28mm carbon wheels, power meter crankarm, Whiskey carbon handlebars, and all the post-hit-from-behind paranoia gear, including extra rear lights, a Garmin Varia rear radar unit, and a Rylo 360 video camera mounted on the left end of the handlebars. (There's another light on the back of my helmet, along with a rear view mirror.)

Attached Files Image(s)

(05-06-2020, 10:38 AM)Paul L. Wrote:  Here's mine, bought with the money from the insurance company of the driver who hit me!
Fezzari Fore 3, upgraded with Boyd 28mm carbon wheels, power meter crankarm, Whiskey carbon handlebars, and all the post-hit-from-behind paranoia gear, including extra rear lights, a Garmin Varia rear radar unit, and a Rylo 360 video camera mounted on the left end of the handlebars. (There's another light on the back of my helmet, along with a rear view mirror.)
Good job Paul, way to try and protect yourself! Interested in the radar unit; visual or audio warning, both? Cost and weight? Starting to sound like a "James Bond" bike. I remember my first new bike; first thing to go were the reflectors; a lot less traffic back then, now I add them plus reflective tape on helmet, shoes, and frame.
Thanks for joining and adding something to think about concerning cycling safety.

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
(05-06-2020, 12:12 PM)Jesper Wrote:  
(05-06-2020, 10:38 AM)Paul L. Wrote:  Here's mine, bought with the money from the insurance company of the driver who hit me!
Good job Paul, way to try and protect yourself! Interested in the radar unit; visual or audio warning, both? Cost and weight? Starting to sound like a "James Bond" bike. I remember my first new bike; first thing to go were the reflectors; a lot less traffic back then, now I add them plus reflective tape on helmet, shoes, and frame.
Thanks for joining and adding something to think about concerning cycling safety.

Take care,
Jesper

The Varia radar is, by far, the best accessory on the bike. It picks up oncoming vehicles - but not bicycles - and gives you both audible (beeps) and visual (red border with dot telling you how fast the vehicle is approaching) alerts on you Garmin computer. Often times, it "sees" an oncoming vehicle well before I can see it in my mirror. Plus, it has a light with various blinking modes. Review here: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2018/04/garmin-varia-rtl510-radar-cycling-light-in-depth-review.html

The Rylo is also useful. After looking at various video cameras (GoPro, Fly 12, etc.) I went with the Rylo. It gives a true, 360 degree view and playback, so it picks up cars coming from behind, ahead, or to the side. There is a playback feature that allows you to "follow" an object as it passes by you - great for recording those "too close" passes and sending the video to local law enforcement. Yes, it does have enough resolution to capture a license plate. The only downside I've found is battery life (around 1 hr max) so extra batteries on a ride are a must.
[quote='Paul L.' pid='38134' Varia radar
The Rylo is also useful
[/quote]

Thank you for the detailed input Paul! Much "food for thought" considering what I have experienced.
Glad you're still up and riding after your "accident"!

Yes, I had a helmet on!

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post