Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the Latest Giveaway coming soon

Let's see your road bike (post yours)
(01-11-2020, 12:02 PM)Painkiller Wrote:  My only drop bar bicycle I own, 1990 Specialized Allez Epic

Very nice Painkiller!
Right up my alley; I have been keeping my eye out for one, but haven't found my size at my price. I'm hoping to finish the Carbitubo if my travel restrictions are lifted at the hospital and I can get some parts at home. I'd be curious as to your ride description once you get a few miles under your belt.

Take care,
Jesper
Take care,
Jesper

"I am become Death, the destroyer of bicycles." NJS
Sorry, duplicate post deleted!
Take care,
Jesper

(05-07-2020, 09:56 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Thank you for the detailed input Paul! Much "food for thought" considering what I have experienced.
Glad you're still up and riding after your "accident"!

Yes, I had a helmet on!

Take care,
Jesper

OUCH! Was that from a vehicle/bike crash? Did the driver stop? (Mine didn't, but the woman driving behind him chased him down and got his plate, then he turned around to face the music.)
(05-09-2020, 12:39 PM)Paul L. Wrote:  
(05-07-2020, 09:56 AM)Jesper Wrote:  Thank you for the detailed input Paul! Much "food for thought" considering what I have experienced.
Glad you're still up and riding after your "accident"!

Yes, I had a helmet on!

Take care,
Jesper

OUCH! Was that from a vehicle/bike crash? Did the driver stop? (Mine didn't, but the woman driving behind him chased him down and got his plate, then he turned around to face the music.)

That was me broadsiding a car, put a nice dent in the hood. They did a "Cali" stop while I was at full bore. They didn't get out of the car, nor did I want them to; It may have gotten ugly, and I think someone other than myself would have gone to the hospital, I need one of those BMX/motocross helmets (I always wear full finger MTB gloves after years of hand abuse) as the same thing nearly happened again 2 weeks ago, but at a leisurely 15 mph. Lady was pulling out of a McDs and never looked or stopped, I just shouted "whoa there!" and got blasted back with expletives, even from the passenger; I was only 1/2 mile from the house after doing one of my short and fast TT type rides leaving it all out on the road. I'm just happy I was paying attention, and of course wearing the "head armor".
Take care,
Jesper

[Image: MiScultura90000E-scaled.jpg]
2019 Merida Scultura 9000E
MD @europeancyclingtours

[Image: ECT-logo-770x607px-no-bg.png]
(12-15-2021, 10:50 AM)Jason @ect Wrote:  [Image: MiScultura90000E-scaled.jpg]
2019 Merida Scultura 9000E

Uhhh, it's quite an upgrade from my Scultura! :o
Looks great, btw.
Merida Scultura 5000 (2015)
Merida Big Nine 400 (2019)
I really hoped to be showing mine complete, but shipping has been delayed due to the Queen's Jubilee. I am close though.

I have had this bike 5 years. It started out as a limited ed DC Shoes PK Ripper fixed gear. I suppose road bike would be the best category for it, given it is 700c and the only difference is no gears and a BMX stem and bars. I have arthritis in my hands, knees and shoulder, so I don't like bending over. Previous severe back injuries only aggravate that also. So I have built it to be comfortable to ride, yet still really fast when I want to put my legs into it.

So far it goes like this.

2010 PK Ripper fixed gear DC shoes edition in pastel orange.
FSA SLK ISIS forged carbon cranks. Picked these up cheap, have restored them.
Kooka ISIS hollow BB with ceramic bearings.
Superstar NANO pedals. These are going in favour of some smaller Nukeproof. I don't like strapping in, so I need them to be smaller.
A2Z orange chain ring bolts
Stronglight 46t chain ring
Shimano chain
Box One 6i carbon bars with 6" rise
Social CNC stem in orange
Hope space doctor with HED doctor
Cane Creek headset
Bontrager Satellite HCM plus in carbon. Restored these also, they used to be silver.
HED 3 carbon rear tubular 700c. A2Z single speed conversion with TUFO tubular 25c tyre.
Campagnolo Calima front wheel, clincher, 700c with Continental 25C tyre.
Campagnolo TT front brake
Campagnolo Potenza rear brake, that doesn't reach, hence why I am waiting.
Jagwire road cables orange
Brick Lane Bikes CNC levers
Ergon grips in orange
Carbon seat post (China special, though it's lasted five years !)
Selle Italia Flite carbon seat
Seat clamp will be going . I have a black Bowman cycles one on order

[Image: Sdc9S32.jpg?1]

That is where I am at. Still to come.

[Image: GRv0J8x.jpg?1]

And

[Image: GSYUn3y.jpg]

Noting they are kid's pedals, but ideal for this bike.

[Image: xaIboiI.jpg?1]

[Image: 2x7EmTq.jpg?1]

And this is what I am waiting on. C brake pad extenders.

[Image: Gdyg1zU.jpg?1]
Throwing my old Colnago back together after overhauling and some new parts added.
Circa 1990-91 Super (Piu). Not much different than previous models except for having the internal TT cable routing.

Parts replaced: 3t Colnago panto'd stem swapped out for black 3t Mutant stem (120mm); Campy caged bearing BB assy swapped for Campy Veloce cartridge BB (115.5mm), Campy single pivot calipers swapped for NOS Campy dual pivot black skeletal Veloce calipers; swapped Mavic wheelset (6 speed FW) for SRG rims with Campy Veloce hubs and 8 speed freehub (problem with wrong sized hub lockring); KMC chain, bar wrap, cables/housings.
Parts retained: black ITM drop bar; Look pedals; San Marco Concor Super Corsa saddle, 3t/Galli seat post; Galli drilled gun metal brake levers; Galli black cranks/rings; Campy Chorus RD (first style w/2 position configuation), Campy Nuovo Record FD.
Waiting on proper hub lockring, cable housing, and bar wrap.
Keeping friction set-up with downtube Campy Record shift levers, but I may experiment and later try some Chorus paddle shifters I have if they will properly index with the Veloce cassette and Chorus derailleur.

Hopefully it will be done for my century ride in a couple weeks.

Take care,
Jesper

Hi everyone just got this beautiful Bianchi and can't wait to get out on it. Does anyone know what year it's from? I've been trying to identify it from the pics online but even though I can see the model there often isn't the year. Thanks!
(01-10-2023, 04:12 PM)Sandyman Wrote:  Hi everyone just got this beautiful Bianchi and can't wait to get out on it. Does anyone know what year it's from? I've been trying to identify it from the pics online but even though I can see the model there often isn't the year. Thanks!

Hi @Sandyman
do you know the model?
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"
1990s fillet-brazed frame custom-built by Roberts in Columbus EL-OS for a Sigma customer.

I was actually prowling TheBay for a nice MTB frame when this frame set came up and I couldn't resist. This was in the midst of the COVID bike-parts price spike, so acquiring the components was, er, 'fun'.

Unfortunately, nobody has retained the original build records, so I can't put it back to 100% as it left the shop. Likely, it would have been Campagnolo, which would suit the aesthetic better I think, but Shimano is SO much cheaper! Also, I've already spent enough on bike tools.

If it's any consolation, the headset and aero stem are Campy.

Anyway, it's currently a mix of Shimano Ultegra and 105 10-speed, with Mavic Open Pro rims on Miche Primate hubs.

I was using a very pretty Moser panto stem until I spotted something that looks suspiciously like a crack so, placing some value in my teeth and face, I replaced that with a new Deda, and consigned the Moser stem to my 'museum'.

I suppose two Ciussi Inox bottle cages is overkill but, well, sometimes I need more hydration, innit.

The saddle is a cheap'n'cheerful Charge product. I was struggling to find a white saddle I liked and this one seems to suit my b'tox nicely. Look Keo pedals complete the ensemble.

Last time I weighed the bike (with slightly more modern 105 cranks, only one bottle cage, and the Moser stem) it came in at 9.1 kg all-in (20.06 lbs).

(01-11-2023, 04:41 PM)Sagan97 Wrote:  
(01-10-2023, 04:12 PM)Sandyman Wrote:  Hi everyone just got this beautiful Bianchi and can't wait to get out on it. Does anyone know what year it's from? I've been trying to identify it from the pics online but even though I can see the model there often isn't the year. Thanks!

Hi @Sandyman
do you know the model?
Hi yes it's a Via Nirone 7 C2C. Thanks
This is my new baby: 2020 Triban RC 500 Sora!!

Attached Files Image(s)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

05-31-2023, 09:51 PM
Last Post: SPINMAN

05-26-2023, 05:04 AM
Last Post: Jesper

04-08-2023, 07:57 AM