Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon

Cycling books
Hi guys, any cycling book recommendations?
Nothing specific. Namely, it can be professional cyclist's biography, it can be bike touring inspiration, it can be the ultimate bike repair guide book, it can be life story of a bike mechanic, it can be about the history of bicycles ..... anything about bikes Smile
Thank you in advance!
(09-29-2019, 05:35 PM)MamboNumber5 Wrote:  Hi guys, any cycling book recommendations?
Nothing specific. Namely, it can be professional cyclist's biography, it can be bike touring inspiration, it can be the ultimate bike repair guide book, it can be life story of a bike mechanic, it can be about the history of bicycles ..... anything about bikes Smile
Thank you in advance!
A quick search brought up this page of books.

Cycling Books
If I knew how to ride a bike properly, I'd do it every time.
Hej. The last cycling related book that I read was Gul Feber by Michael Rasmussen. If you do not know who is he, he is former professional road cyclists. Nicknamed him "chicken" because of very low weight. He used to count every rice grain and scrap off stickers from the bike, and carry only one bottle to loose weight on the bike, funny. Was on his way to win Tour de france in 2007 but Rabobank took him out of the race. He lied about his location to avoid being caught for doping. Got two year DSQ, eventually admited to using doping for many years. Unfortunately the books is not published in English as far as I know.
(09-29-2019, 05:35 PM)MamboNumber5 Wrote:  Hi guys, any cycling book recommendations?
Thank you in advance!

I've heard good feedback {has very nice design as well, images etc.} about this book: Tom Simpson: Bird on the Wire

Simpson is one of the British road cycling icons from 60s'. He died during Tour de France stage at a young age. Won multiple top classic races and used doping when there were no controls. He had quite some will to win and character. This book is on my "to read" list.
(09-29-2019, 05:35 PM)MamboNumber5 Wrote:  it can be professional cyclist's biography

Heh. Naturally, I will put forward Peter Sagan book My World. I read it back in 2018, soon after it came out. The book had fun and entertaining parts that Peter's hardcore fans will enjoy, but overall I'd give only 5/10.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/38589773-my-world
"Uphill, downhill, I like that"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post

10-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Bill