Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Ketone Ester $$$
Have you heard about this Ketone Ester drink? I read that Jumbo uses this supplement at Tour de France and calls it the miracle drink. It aids the recovery process, and looks like it sure works for them with those 4 victories.

I was curious about it and went to check out the prices as I also do some endurance cycling with occassional racing (considering triathlon in the future). It was written that it's expensive. Oh well, one time order with 36 bottles (each 25g pure ketone) coooooosts ..... you are correct, $1149!
(07-18-2019, 10:33 AM)Nikko Wrote:  Have you heard about this Ketone Ester drink? I read that Jumbo uses this supplement at Tour de France and calls it the miracle drink. It aids the recovery process, and looks like it sure works for them with those 4 victories.

I was curious about it and went to check out the prices as I also do some endurance cycling with occassional racing (considering triathlon in the future). It was written that it's expensive. Oh well, one time order with 36 bottles (each 25g pure ketone) coooooosts ..... you are correct, $1149!

And the taste ir horrific! Well I mean they are not made to be tasty ...
(07-19-2019, 06:46 AM)barracuda Wrote:  
(07-18-2019, 10:33 AM)Nikko Wrote:  Have you heard about this Ketone Ester drink? I read that Jumbo uses this supplement at Tour de France and calls it the miracle drink. It aids the recovery process, and looks like it sure works for them with those 4 victories.

And the taste ir horrific! Well I mean they are not made to be tasty ...

might be that I heard Lance saying on his podcast that they already tried the ketone during his era, but it was simply too discusting to drink.
For those who have not read or heard ... Ketone Ester was initially developed for US army: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/915715
(07-31-2019, 02:16 PM)MamboNumber5 Wrote:  For those who have not read or heard ... Ketone Ester was initially developed for US army: https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/915715

Well, many good inventions & innovations come from the Army!
Autobahn
An article about Ketones, from February

https://www.cyclingnews.com/features/understanding-ketones-what-does-the-wonder-drink-actually-do/
"Carbon is faster"
Recently I am starting to use that drink while doing home workout on my exercise bike, but I don't know about that results,
just I saw my friend use it too, but their was a different drink.