Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Stable got more full today.
Hi folks, I have been looking for a used cross bike to do the dirty work I don't want to do on the S5. Got so tired of getting disappointed with these folks and their Excellent condition bikes that I went to LBS and bought an 2012 Trek X01 cross bike! Real sweet bike for $599.Has complete warranty and lifetime tuneups. I have had the tuneup from them and it is a good tuneup so for $200 to $300 more I get all this. Oh and this is their tent sale week so I get 10% off the bike and 15% off accessories. Pretty happy with this deal. Bike was $1690 originally so wth!!! Wife was a little Miffed but hey it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission This is a link to a pic.
Bill

[Image: x01%203_zpsdtppqpzk.jpg]
Nobody ever said "I wish I would have gotten less of a bike!"

Cervelo S5
Cannondale F29 1 alloy Lefty
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

Beautiful bike Bill, looks brand new. I can tell you have had fun pounding the pavement looking for used bikes Sad welcome to my world! "like new" "great shape" "ready to ride" "nice" "excellent condition"..etc can mean a ton of different things to different people as you found out. I never use those terms, I just try to post good clear pics and let it ride. I really like your Grace Hopper quote " it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission" Love it! I will carry that one with me forever! I may have to explain to my Wife, "Bill said". I am a victim of my peers!
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Elmore, can I give you my wifes cell phone number, you have such a great way of explaining things better than I ever could. I would really appreciate it! Smile
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(03-22-2015, 12:59 AM)fishboy316 Wrote:  Hi folks, I have been looking for a used cross bike to do the dirty work I don't want to do on the S5. Got so tired of getting disappointed with these folks and their Excellent condition bikes that I went to LBS and bought an 2012 Trek X01 cross bike! Real sweet bike for $599.Has complete warranty and lifetime tuneups. I have had the tuneup from them and it is a good tuneup so for $200 to $300 more I get all this. Oh and this is their tent sale week so I get 10% off the bike and 15% off accessories. Pretty happy with this deal. Bike was $1690 originally so wth!!! Wife was a little Miffed but hey it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission This is a link to a pic.
Bill

https://dedhambike.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/trek-xo-full-pic1.jpg

Very nice and a good price too. I play golf and buy a 6 month pass every year for $1800 at a course 10 minutes from my house. I play at least around 70 rounds a year. So comparing the cost of cycling to the cost of golf you get a pretty sweet deal for the money from cycling; and you can easily do 70 rides a year; for probably 10 years or more. So never regret the cost of a good bike if you are using it all out.

(03-22-2015, 12:27 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Elmore, can I give you my wifes cell phone number, you have such a great way of explaining things better than I ever could. I would really appreciate it! Smile

I can get into enough trouble by myself PK. BTW I moved my post just as you replied but it is still there.
Have a good day.
"Where ever we go, there we are"
Hi folks. Went to get the bike fit and took the bike home. On the way home I took a little 5 miler in the woods at the state park. I like this bike! It is really fast on the dirt! I am so glad I went this route! Not as fast as the Rocket I have (S5 Cervelo) on the street but that's why I bought this bike. I do Like it for it's purpose of riding with the family and all the things I don't want the S5 to do. I do well with these people at Bike Doctor. I have gotten 11k worth of bikes for $4500. Their service is good and If you don't mind a year or 2 old model bike they really want to move them out! Still want to do a vintage bike sometime but could not pass this up! Will post some more pics this week when I take her out Tues. PK thanks for looking at all those Baltimore and DC bikes and helping me to not buy a piece of junk. Am going to be hitting the Yard sale circuit for a old steelie or something! Done with looking for now! I will find a old one when the time is right!

Cervelo S5
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount
2017 Trek Domane SLR 6

Sounds great Bill, I just sent out a 2009 Kona Jake Cyclocross Bike, spring tune, new padding and tape, New EXO Mega BB, brake pads. The owner is getting older and we fitted him with a 30 degree rise stem that brought him in about 2in. and up about 2in.
He said he loves it much better now.
(03-22-2015, 08:39 PM)painkiller Wrote:  Sounds great Bill, I just sent out a 2009 Kona Jake Cyclocross Bike, spring tune, new padding and tape, New EXO Mega BB, brake pads. The owner is getting older and we fitted him with a 30 degree rise stem that brought him in about 2in. and up about 2in.
He said he loves it much better now.

Fit is everything for sure! They worked real hard to get me on this and fit correctly. I ride a 58 roadie and this trek is a 56 which is fine on this year X01 as the recommend dropping a size for the cross bike. Once it was dialed in it was apparent immediately! They raised the seat about 1.5 inches and moved forward about .5". Changed stem from 100m to 90m. tweaked the bars and Poof! All was GOOD! Remember the Cervelo was way out and almost killed me! Its amazing how much it matters. The Geometry of this bike is so different from the S5 its such a different feel. I like it.

Cervelo S5
Trek X-01 Crossbike
2017 Trek Farley 7
71 Ral Professional
72 Ral International
73 Ral Grand Sports
73 Ral Competition
74 Ral Super course
74 Ral Granprix
74 Paramount