Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What the deal?
nfmisso & painkiller in particular, can you figure what is going on with this front fork "bridge". It's either bent back behind the fork or something I haven't seen.
26" wheels. Looks like there's no clearance for a fat tire or front fender.
This pic is all that is available. That almost looks like a red Specialized "S" on the front fork arm.

[Image: 00g0g_dfXdEs4XAYC_600x450.jpg]
need more info on the fork, but there are forks with the brace towards the back as pictured. why do you ask? just something unfamiliar that you came across?
here is another example
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
Sorry; I have no idea. Should be easy to replace with a rigid fork Smile
Nigel
(11-20-2014, 11:23 PM)nfmisso Wrote:  Sorry; I have no idea. Should be easy to replace with a rigid fork Smile
Local CL find. 2nd time I've seen that actual bike listed. I was interested as the bike would make a good cruiser/comfort bike for me, I have most of the parts to convert, but it has to accept 50mm tires & a fender. I've never seen a factory bike with a fork like that. Can't afford a decent new front fork.

A rigid fork would have to be super long to keep the frame geometry the same. Wouldn't it become flimsy?
I would go with a fork geometry that made the top tube approximately horizontal. Remember that the suspension will compress quite a bit when there is a rider on board.

Also for a cruiser/comfort bike, you want a longer wheel base. A fork with a curve, rather than straight will help that and provide some compliance.
Nigel
how tall are you and what is your price range? what size frame do you prefer? I still have a nice rigid cromo bike in orange county and may have something here to suit.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post