Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

How to strip the frame
I am suggesting the Scotch Brite General Purpose Scuffing Wheel.
(It is ultra fine and should not cut your frame in half, HA!) The model no. is 07443. I use it all the time with excellent results. You will see what I mean.
The scuffing is easy and you maintain lots of control, yet it gets the paint off nicely. You can find it at most paint superstores.
like this maybe
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
That's it. It's not the easiest thing to find and it's never at Home Depot.
Wait 'till you see my blast cabinet for bead blasting frames. I'll send a pic.
cool! looking forward to that. I want to see a pic of your Tout Terrain too. Those are pretty neat, that company has the belt drive system down for semi-custom bikes I would say
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(11-22-2012, 10:48 AM)painkiller Wrote:  cool! looking forward to that. I want to see a pic of your Tout Terrain too. Those are pretty neat, that company has the belt drive system down for semi-custom bikes I would say

Mine is a Black Tout Terrain Boulevard. The one with the Gates Belt Drive is the Metropolitan. About $500 more so I kept it with normal derailleurs. The good thing about this frame is that a Rohloff can be added anytime I choose.

I will post a pic. I told my wife I was heading to Denali on my bike and it was useless to try and stop me. She has offered to pack for me. By the way, I put Frost River bags on the bike..very easy to pack. You'll see in the photo.
Trying top upload bike photo. So much fun.
Nice nice Ron ! but you need to repost in the " show off your Bike! "
section in the blue bar @ the upper right of the screen.
Show the guys and gals some of the unique features like the integrated rear rack and the split seat/chainstay so it could be swapped to belt drive if you choose, If it has that
Just wandering, no special liquid or anything need be applied when using the scotch wheel?
Good maintenance to your Bike, can make it like the wheels are, true and smooth!
Nothing need be applied during the strip and clean stage. protect yourself with goggle/face shield/apron
One more tip Bill, do not cross contaminate between metals. If you use a pad for steel do not use it for alloy,you take the chance of embedding steel micro particles in the alloy and could cause rust spots and surface discoloration later