Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

What frame is this?
Hi, I'm new to this forum so firstly: hello to all Smile
I bought the frame of unknown origin, and I am very curious if anyone could help me in finding the brand of the frame and tubes which can be built. The frame has a new paint so any hints from the original paint or stickers. It weighs about 2.4 kg so it is not the lightest. Dimensions are: 51cm from center to top (seat tube) 55cm center to center top tube, head tube 9,5 cm (top to bottom), the seat post diameter 26.2 mm, the diameter of the pipe at the entrance of seatpost 30.2 mm.
The frame has a few braze-ons which I hope will help in identification.
[attachment=4729]

[attachment=4728]

[attachment=4727]

[attachment=4726]

[attachment=4730]
that is a long short (not tall) frame.

I am guessing mid 80s Japanese pre- or early MTB. It appears to be similar geometry to my SR Sierra Sport, which is 1982. But the lugs on your frame are nicer, and the cable stops very different. The rear brake cable guides look like Miyata (who made Univega and others).

The RD hanger looks bent, it is measureable and fixable with the right tools.
Nigel
Thank you for your reply Smile
I forgot to add some details: wheel size 28/700
It is possible to push the rear wheel with the tire 700x32c but you have to squeeze them (but it works Smile
The rear drop out spacing is approximately 126mm.
I got the frame with wheels (amrosio elite rims, 6 gear regina freeweel, and Pelissier hubs)
Headset was ofmega (1 inch), Friko stem.
Of course, these components may not be original, but on the other hand, may be original.
I thought it was Road frame or cyclocorss.
Indeed, I thought it might be Miata or old (between 1975-1985) Italian / French.
Vintage Italian bikes have similar braze ons on bottom bracket and the top tube, and I've seen a few with similar proportions (long but shortSmile
I got a Specialized Sequoia 1982 (CrMo) that looks just like that, it may be from the same age..
I don't know why I'm having trouble seeing the images of this post. I logged in but still having the problem, other than that everything working perfect.
(01-11-2016, 06:03 AM)michaelcogburn.c Wrote:  I don't know why I'm having trouble seeing the images of this post. I logged in but still having the problem, other than that everything working perfect.

The owner of the site revamped how the site works, so 90% of threads with images have been lost it would seem forever. nothing wrong on your end. Now you have to use an image host to import pictures, before you could load them direct from a file on your pc
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(01-11-2016, 08:35 AM)painkiller Wrote:  
(01-11-2016, 06:03 AM)michaelcogburn.c Wrote:  I don't know why I'm having trouble seeing the images of this post. I logged in but still having the problem, other than that everything working perfect.

The owner of the site revamped how the site works, so 90% of threads with images have been lost it would seem forever. nothing wrong on your end. Now you have to use an image host to import pictures, before you could load them direct from a file on your pc

Thanks a lot for letting know. What image host would be good for this? Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.
I use photobucket, any should work though.
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(01-12-2016, 06:03 PM)painkiller Wrote:  I use photobucket, any should work though.

Will try the photobucket.
I use carbonbikekits, maybe they are from the same place

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post