Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take Part in the March Giveaway: Coming Soon 3/24

Shimano RD-TY22 7 blew up
What inexpensive RD should I replace it with? Will a RD-TX35 bolt right on?
do you have a hanger or is it bolted with the axle? lets see a pic of what you have
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(03-31-2013, 06:30 PM)painkiller Wrote:  do you have a hanger or is it bolted with the axle? lets see a pic of what you have

This is what is left...
(03-31-2013, 06:38 PM)Russell Wrote:  
(03-31-2013, 06:30 PM)painkiller Wrote:  do you have a hanger or is it bolted with the axle? lets see a pic of what you have

This is what is left...
good shot ! now give me one of your bike where it hooks up. so I know for sure. i.e. Hanger or does it bolt with your axle dropout
one more thing, what is your rear cluster spread ie tooth number on the smallest and tooth count on the largest cog
There are two kinds of people in the world, "Those who help themselves to people, and those who help people!"
(03-31-2013, 06:50 PM)painkiller Wrote:  
(03-31-2013, 06:38 PM)Russell Wrote:  

This is what is left...
good shot ! now give me one of your bike where it hooks up. so I know for sure. i.e. Hanger or does it bolt with your axle dropout
one more thing, what is your rear cluster spread ie tooth number on the smallest and tooth count on the largest cog

14 teeth on the small and 28 on the large.
good pic, it should work fine. meant for mega- range rear cluster with the sgs long cage. if they have a gs med cage opt for that but they will both work and be nicer than what you have
Thanks! I'll let my fingers do the shopping.
I think I saw on on amazon for around $12 us. good luck sir.
If your chain rubs on the inside of cage walls where the pullys are when you get it together, that means your derailluer hanger got out of alignment when the other derailluer blew apart. and would need re-aligned for optimum shifting performance
I've been shopping and am so confused. Theirs is the first time for me to look for a RD. Would you suggest a replacement that I could easily replace on the bike? I would like to stay under $30.

The Shimano Rd- TX55 Tourney looks like a GS model that might do the trick, but there are so many! And I will be doing some easy trail riding.

Thanks!
do not be to concerned over the gs vs sgs. if you are going to hit some trails and can go $30. kick it up to an alivio like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shimano-M410-Alivio-7-8-speed-Rear-Derailleur-Black-/370729766659?pt=Cycling_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5651374f03
these come on 4 to 6 hundred dollar bikes all day long and would be a nice upgrade to what you have and will allow more gear range choices for the rear in the future should you want to try that out sometime
The M410 Alivio is ordered and should be here Wednesday. Can't wait to put it on! Thanks for the help!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread
Author
Replies
Views
Last Post