Have questions or want to discuss cycling? Join Now or Sign In to participate in the BikeRide community.

New: Take part in the National Bike Safety Month giveaway for a RiderBag reflective backpack

27 inch wheel problem
Hi recently purchased a set of araya 27 inch rims to upgrade my old commuter, i am very new to this whole bike repair thing so bear with me.
I purchased a sunrace 5 spd freewheel screw on and when i got it home the thread size was all wrong. Here is a picture of the connection on the hub and the freewheel, i would be very grateful on some advice, many thanks...

[attachment=3996]

[attachment=3997]
The "innerds" from the old freewheel are still there, that part from the 8 pointed star at the back to the brass threads at the front are the old freewheels guts. Someone couldn't get it off. That little silver arm in the middle is a pawl (the "ratchet") that drives the wheel & lets it coast.
(03-11-2013, 08:41 AM)1FJEF Wrote:  The "innerds" from the old freewheel are still there, that part from the 8 pointed star at the back to the brass threads at the front are the old freewheels guts. Someone couldn't get it off. That little silver arm in the middle is a pawl (the "ratchet") that drives the wheel & lets it coast.

Thank you very much for the detailed information. Now I can make the trip to the cycle shop with confidence and not look like a fool in person, thanks again...

Possibly Related Threads...